Discussion Forums  >  Self Hosted Control Panels

Replies: 3    Views: 466

ehwright
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 21, 2012
Perth
08/13/18 08:40 PM (5 years ago)

Strange behaviour on menu screens in self hosted

Hi, I have a self hosted environment which I haven't updated for a while. I noticed the patch for the newer version of php which I'm not running at the moment so I haven't updated yet. I have a problem which has been hanging around for a while, and I hope someone has also seen it. Whenever I am accessing a menu in my self hosted control panel, when I add the 14th item in the list I get an error - " not valid json" and the list doesn't show. When I add another item the list comes back and it's all fine. This happens with multiples of 5 from there on in. The menu displays just fine on the app. This is almost work-around-able, but once you get the error you can't delete any more items as they will not show in the list, you can only add them. Obviously doesn't happen very often as you need to have 14 items in the list. I've had a look at the patched bt_json_api_ajax.php file to see if there's anything there, but the only changes are the mysqli ones for the newer versions of php. If anyone has any ideas as to why this might be happening I'd be super grateful. Liz

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
08/16/18 06:43 PM (5 years ago)
I wish I could help, but I've never seen this before. does this happen on all apps? Cheers! -- Smug

ehwright
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 21, 2012
Perth
08/16/18 07:18 PM (5 years ago)
Yes it happens on all my apps. What happens is that the res value in fnExecuteBackendCommand("getChildItems") comes back blank (in the childItems.html file) which in turn results in a null value for the json.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
08/21/18 10:52 AM (5 years ago)
When you login as site admin, navigate over to the plugin section and 'refresh plugins'. Do that a couple of times. That might help. At worst, I've edited my BT Database directly, but that's nothing I would recommend without a lot of caveats. fingers crossed, hope it works out. If I trip across anything I'll be sure to let you know. Cheers! -- Smug

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.