bioninja
Lost but trying
Reg: Jul 08, 2012
Melbourne
04/06/18 08:01 PM (6 years ago)

Android help (willing to pay)

So I have managed to build an app using Xcode and have successfully submitted it to Apple. I am now trying to build the same app for Android devices using Android Studio, but am not particularly familiar with its use (I am not a coder) and am running into the following problems: 1. My HTML docs (using the standard HTML Doc plugin) won't open. When I click on one via the menu in an emulator, instead of loading it says "open document" at the top, followed by a html icon. When I click on the icon it says "Something's not right. The document cannot be found in the device's cache? You may need to download it first". 2. I can't resize my menu button icons. I change the code, but the simulator doesn't seem to recognise the change. The JSON is valid, so not sure what the issue is. 3. My external videos (linked via the custom URL plugin) won't play. I assume this is because of the video format (.mp4) but I'm not sure what to change it to or how to change a video file for free to an appropriate format. I am trying to get the app published ASAP (it is a free education app for IB Biology and the exam for the Northern Hemisphere is in roughly one month). If anyone thinks they could help sort out these three issues expeditiously, please send me a message at [email protected] I am willing to pay for assistance!

Bonzo
Apple Fan
Reg: Jan 30, 2012
Basingstoke
04/07/18 12:56 AM (6 years ago)
some of these sound like standard BT bugs. you shouldnt have to pay for these to be fixed. Im pretty sure alot have been reported in the past by AlanMac when he was testing lots but has since given up due to little response from the BT leadership. a reason why alot of outskool have left the forums

bioninja
Lost but trying
Melbourne
04/07/18 04:05 AM (6 years ago)
That's a bummer Bonzo. I have noticed the community is a bit smaller than the last time I was here (2012). Still, it doesn't matter to me if it is my ineptitude or a standard BT bug. If someone can help me fix the issues so I can get the app to students before their exam, I'm willing to pay.

miku
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 20, 2014
zagorje ob savi
04/07/18 06:24 AM (6 years ago)
"given up due to little response from the BT leadership"

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
04/07/18 05:12 PM (6 years ago)
email the code to me. you can make a fake app that has the same functions as this app if you dont want to share info of the app. If it's standard buzztouch bugs, I'll share fixes so everyone can enjoy completeness of making an android app.

MacApple
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 25, 2010
USA
04/07/18 08:55 PM (6 years ago)
Nice one CMCOFFEE. After a couple of Android apps I stuck to iOS. Good many folks on here did and have success with Android I just always thought "damn, this ain't Xcode!"

bioninja
Lost but trying
Melbourne
04/07/18 11:01 PM (6 years ago)
Hi CMCoffee. Where do I email the code to and what is the best way to do it? (I am not overly technically proficient, so could use a suggestion on how best to send the folder)

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 07, 2013
blackpool
04/10/18 03:59 AM (6 years ago)
i had same probs with android when i started ,but you will get the hang of it specialy with cm's help sean :)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.