Discussion Forums  >  Suggestions, Ideas, Wish List

Replies: 3    Views: 419

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
03/28/16 12:49 AM (8 years ago)

Plugin 'state of

This is a suggestion for unofficially reporting the status of plugins, with the intention to help people find out if a plugin they want to use has any problems. One way of telling if plugins works is to read reviews, but that is not reliable, especially if a fault develops after a review. Another thing that can happen is a plugin has compatibility issues when Xcode or iOS changes, or with a particular device I think we need some kind of wiki style page page with an alphabetical list of plugins which describes known fixes, customisations and faults. The forum probably has much of this info, but it can be like looking for a needle in a haystack. It's just an idea for pulling info into one place. Plugin authors could stop by and check it out. Or members can add or modify content. Just wondering what others think.

LeonG
Apple Fan
Reg: Nov 08, 2011
Hamburg
03/28/16 02:56 AM (8 years ago)
been done already in the past. This will probably not work for now, as most plugin developers are not that active anymore. This is one of the typical things that should be driven and controlled by Buzztouch itself, but that is unlikely to happen in the short term.

aquila198
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 22, 2011
location unknow...
03/29/16 04:32 AM (8 years ago)
@alanmac great idea! i would like to see (and use) it...

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
04/04/16 03:52 AM (8 years ago)
I agree should be centrally managed centrally, like you LeonG I'm not sure who would do this so I thought I'd give generating the list a go. I recall a bug management tool from Chris1, my idea is make this about simply collating the issues people have reported - if nothing else it might help raise awareness. http://bit.ly/1UAX1fF

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.