Discussion Forums  >  Introduce Yourself

Replies: 3    Views: 282

Malene
Lost but trying
Reg: Jan 09, 2016
Belen, NM
01/09/16 11:40 PM (8 years ago)

My Intro

About 8 months ago I had one of those brainstorming ideas that I thought was absolutely genius. I set out to make it, and in the process realized, this idea would not be easy to make. In fact, it was beyond me. So, I tried to find an partner, but with limited success. After about 3 months of market research, app creation research and search for an partner, I gave up! Then about one month ago I was researching something else, and came across app creation funding ideas. My initial idea wasnt dead, and I was off to the races. Since then, I have found my first investor who have pledged 50% of the cost of creating this app. The app is estimated to cost 20-30K to create. We go in to second round of funding the third week of January. Initial mock up creation, research and R&D have started already. This is fun and exciting! These people have already invested a couple of thousands in my idea and they wouldnt do it if they didnt like it! This gave me the self confidence to look at the quality of my ideas, and they are - frankly - good! Now, I have an additional list of 10 ideas I consider rock solid. They vary greatly in programming complexity - from ridiculously complex that I could never do myself and need an full team like my current investors - to really quite simple - and everything in between. 2 or 3 of my simpler ideas would need to tie extensively in with wordpress. I am not saying I will get to develop all these 10 ideas myself. For one thing, they will need frequent updates and other maintenance so I cant do all of it alone. For another thing, they will need some cash to get started - and well, thats an issue. Still, I am on the hunt for an very flexible wysiwyg that can get me started and I am hoping buzztouch is that for me. Unless some high powered programmer out there wants to partner up for 50% ownership in all my ideas. Yeah, I know, not likely. Programmers have plenty of work.

Sherry
Lost but trying
Reg: Jan 05, 2013
South Africa
01/10/16 01:51 PM (8 years ago)
Hi Malene Welcome to Buzztouch. I saw on your post you want to pull some Word Press functionality into your simpler apps, the Custom Url plugin works well to display webpages in your app and if you need more extensive linking of user registration details from your website to your app have a look at PSMDanny's site www.bt-addons.com but think these might only be for self hosted. For other training on how the BT works and everything fits together I suggest looking at Cameron Wills training on Udemy https://www.udemy.com/creating-profitable-ios-and-android-apps-without-code/learn/#/ It will give you a good overall understanding. Enjoy the rest of your day Sherry

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
01/10/16 02:19 PM (8 years ago)
Yes, Cameron's course is an excellent first step. Currently, and for one more day only, it costs $10, which is a steal. Recommended!

Malene
Lost but trying
Reg: Jan 09, 2016
Belen, NM
01/13/16 04:13 PM (8 years ago)
Thanks Sherry and Dusko,I really appreciate the referrals. I guess, I really wont want to invest cash into buzztouch till I really get an sense of functionality though - not even $10. My household income amounts to approximately $3000 - an YEAR. no, you read that right. $10 is an fairly high percentage of my weekly income!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.