Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 10    Views: 243

Gledy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 25, 2013
Fleet, UK
08/22/23 02:21 PM (8 months ago)

Custom URL bottom bar button colours

Hi, Does anyone know how to stop the back, refresh etc buttons inheriting the nav bar colour, I've got a very light nar bar colour and it makes the back button etc on the custom url pages barely visible.

Cakebit
Code is Art
Reg: Dec 15, 2010
In your local b...
10/09/23 07:24 PM (6 months ago)
Hi Gledy! Are you on iOS or Android? If iOS are you using light mode or dark mode when simulating your app? Any specific plugin or view you're using? Thanks

Gledy
Aspiring developer
Fleet, UK
10/10/23 04:34 AM (6 months ago)
Hi Cakebit, It's on iOS and this app uses HTML Pro and custom URL mainly. When previously I've tested it on my own device which is in dark mode it made certain plugins all black so making the content unreadable, I over came that by making the app to only show in light mode regardless of the users own device setting with the following code in the plist file: <key>UIUserInterfaceStyle</key> <string>Light</string> The NavBar color was #F5F5F5 apart from the home page but as it's an off-white the back button, refresh etc in the Custom URL plugin was adopting that color scheme and making it too light to see them. The work around I did was just change the NavBar to a dark shade as I couldn't see how to stop the inherit color any other way. I hope that makes sense :) *Separate note as it's easier than starting a new forum, when clicking the Publish button from the BT Dashboard im getting a 'Error saving?' message and it's staying red instead of going green.

Cakebit
Code is Art
In your local b...
10/10/23 06:37 PM (6 months ago)
The web toolbar is part of the viewUtilities shared by all web views in your app. You can change the tintColor of the buttons in the toolbar by editing BT_viewUtilities.m Around line 303, look for the method "getWebToolBarForScreen". Inside it you'll see several buttons being defined such as "Back", "Open In Safari", "Email Document", etc. Look for a line with "button.setTag:" and add your color adjustment to the line above it: For example: [button setTintColor:[UIColor redColor]]; This will tint the button red. Now, for some buttons their disabled state turns them a greyed out color– so if you don't see your change immediately it might be in its' "disabled" state. Are you still having issues with the "Error saving?" message appearing when Publishing your application's JSON? I'd be interested to take a look and see what's going on. As a note, you might want to make sure your application's JSON data is valid by running it through a validator such as JSONLint (https://jsonlint.com) to verify the data doesn't have issues and see if it highlights any syntactical errors.

Gledy
Aspiring developer
Fleet, UK
10/11/23 05:30 AM (6 months ago)
Thanks Cakebit, I'll get those buttons changed. When I've logged in, my dashboard shows publish as green now but I just made a small change and went to publish, it's back to red and shows the same 'Error saving?' message. I've also gone to one of my other apps which I haven't touched for a while and I get the same 'Error saving?' message after clicking the publish button. I just copied the JSON into the above link and got a return of JSON is valid!

Cakebit
Code is Art
In your local b...
10/11/23 01:03 PM (6 months ago)
Thank you Gledy! I was able to replicate the issue with saving and just pushed a patch that should fix the issue. Let me know if it works for you now. :)

Gledy
Aspiring developer
Fleet, UK
10/13/23 06:33 AM (6 months ago)
Hi Cakebit, Yes I can confirm the patch has worked :) Thanks again

Gledy
Aspiring developer
Fleet, UK
11/10/23 10:45 AM (5 months ago)
Hi Cakebit, I made a screen in error and I've noticed that if you try to delete the screen from the dashboard you get a white screen and nothing happens.

Cakebit
Code is Art
In your local b...
11/14/23 11:46 PM (5 months ago)
Saw you also commented here. The issue should now be fixed if you give the site a refresh. :)

Gledy
Aspiring developer
Fleet, UK
11/15/23 05:09 AM (5 months ago)
Thanks Cakebit, Yeah sorry I saw on your maintenance post afterwards that you said to put any finding on there. I can confirm it is now fixed, thanks again

Gledy
Aspiring developer
Fleet, UK
01/29/24 10:29 AM (2 months ago)
Hi Cakebit, I've found some new problems.... I’ve been working on one of my apps and the bottom tabbed bar has disappeared after refreshing the content from the home screen. I first redownloaded the app onto my device from xcode and it looked normal until the refresh button on the home screen is pressed, also I have pages linked via the html pro plugin and they aren’t loading either, seems like my app and the buzztouch server don’t want to talk to each other……I have a different app that seems to be working fine. Today I thought I'd start from scratch and redownload the whole project from BT, on a live device the storyboard loads and the homepage is blank with only the top nav bar and no nav buttons but on the Xcode sim it's the same as above, no bottom bar and pages are not loading correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.