Discussion Forums  >  Suggestions, Ideas, Wish List

Replies: 6    Views: 417

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
06/06/15 05:24 PM (8 years ago)

BuzzCasts are nice!

Just listened to the latest two episodes of the Buzzcast. I am a long time BT fan and first-time BuzzCast listener. Also, I am not at all an audio-centric person. I much prefer reading than listening. I have avoided podcasts for that very reason ... until now. The interactions between Stobe and David kept me interested. Also, I learned a few things along the way. As they said on both episodes, David's role is to address the technical questions. That's a good thing for the Community. David is a marvelous teacher and an excellent explainer of techniques. I am hoping the BuzzCast topics do indeed get more technical with David explaining the "how" and "why" for the Question of the BuzzCast. Not sure how the audio-only format will be conducive to explaining the code, "Look on line number 128 ...". Perhaps they can bring in video as needed? Thanks to Stobe for partnering with David on the podcasts. Keep it up guys, well done! :-) -- Niraj

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
06/06/15 05:27 PM (8 years ago)
Now gimme another badge for embracing podcasts! :-)

KozmoWeb
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 08, 2012
Sarasota, FL
06/06/15 05:29 PM (8 years ago)
Hi Niraj, I thought the same thing. I just listened to the same podcast and thought it was great. There was nice chemistry in that podcast too. I would like to see more of this kind of thing. A side note: I've been addicted to the Periscope app lately! It's amazing what you can see from around the world on that app. Maybe a Periscope related to Buzztouch? It would have to be more of an open forum discussion rather than screen style training because the resolution on the app isn't that great for screen sharing. I think it would be fun though. -William

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
06/07/15 02:23 AM (8 years ago)
What might a podcast badge look like? A microphone? Giggle. Glad you two listened and enjoyed. I'm enjoying learning how to use podcasts effectively (to help us all) and hope @Stobe can continue to help me in that regard. It's fun for sure. Technical stuff: Like we all recognize, this could be tough. However, if we get enough volume of questions I think we (I) can find the most appropriate ones to discuss while keeping in eye on actual help with the audio format. Again, we all understand how tough this may be. Best thing we can do it try and give it a go - adjust from there. Good stuff...can't wait to record the next one d.

freesoftwarewiz
Code is Art
Reg: Apr 12, 2012
orange city, fl
06/07/15 08:35 AM (8 years ago)
Now I know this seems like a silly question, but how does one find these podcasts? Somehow, midst the 3100+ emails i get daily, I seem to have missed that information :-) Like Niraj, I to prefer to read, but if he found it useful, I am sure I will as well. Give me a reason to use my iPod for more than playing U2 while I'm cycling! Lol :-) Joe

KozmoWeb
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 08, 2012
Sarasota, FL
06/07/15 09:10 AM (8 years ago)
You can subscribe to the Buzztouch podcasts here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/buzzcast/id537332737?mt=2 There is also an app (of course!) but it hasn't been updated with the latest episodes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/buzzcast/id572561415?mt=8 William

Stobe
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Mar 04, 2011
Fredericksburg,...
06/08/15 11:45 AM (8 years ago)
Niraj: 4 Words..... It's about freakin' time. :) As I'm typing this, I'm watching the Apple Keynote. I think they must have listened to our last episode, and are addressing our discussion about the Watch. Thanks to all for the kind words. It's fun working with David on these. -Chris

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.