Discussion Forums  >  Grunts, Groans, Complaints

Replies: 3    Views: 381

appsolutely
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 05, 2011
UK
11/05/16 09:04 AM (7 years ago)

Android package not downloading action screens plugin files BT_screen_

Just trying out a new idea on an android app but when I package the files and download the .zip it is missing the BT_Screen files for any of the "Action Screens" i.e. Call Us, Launch Native App, Send Email, etc. So when I launch the app and try those functions I get the Plugin Missing screen. I have completely deleted the app and recreated it only to find the same problem when downloading the source code. I unzip and take a look in the java folder to find the BT_Screen files still missing. Other BT_Screen files are there for other plugins, this just seems to affect the "Action Screens". Is anyone else experiencing this? Can someone at BT take a look or provide some guidance?

krompa
Lost but trying
Reg: Jun 14, 2013
Bristol
11/05/16 09:40 AM (7 years ago)
Don't panic. The packaging is working exactly as it is supposed to. Actions are handled in the BT_fragment.java file. Open this file and search for the following line to see the actions are all there: //call us... The missing plugin message may relate to something else. What error messages are you getting in Android Studio / Eclipse?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
11/05/16 03:33 PM (7 years ago)
Krompa is on the money with this... the logs will let us know what's up. Check your logcat. Cheers! -- Smug

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
11/16/16 06:19 PM (7 years ago)
You get missing plugin when screens are not connected properly in the control panel. I might not be your fault, most of the time it's the Json that doesn't render sometimes. For example when I change something the new Json won't show in production Json but will in sandbox. Not sure about self hosted but this was happening to me in buzztoich hosted apps. But yea logcats will help and like the others said there aren't any specific plugins for actions, they're built into the bt_fragment class

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.