SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
08/01/18 08:57 PM (5 years ago)

Android Minimum SDK level 26 on November 1st.

Just an email I just got. You probably did too: Hello Google Play Developer, This is a reminder that starting November 1, 2018, updates to apps and games on Google Play will be required to target Android Oreo (API level 26) or higher. After this date, the Play Console will prevent you from submitting new APKs with a targetSdkVersion less than 26. Configuring your app to target a recent API level ensures that users benefit from significant security and performance improvements, while still allowing your app to run on older Android versions (down to the minSdkVersion). Action required Please ensure that your apps are configured to target at least Android 8.0 (API level 26) by November 1, 2018. For technical advice on how to change your app's target API level to meet these requirements, refer to the migration guide. Affected apps The apps included below have one or more APKs—in production or testing tracks—that aren't currently targeting API level 26 or higher. Apps are listed with the maximum version code and corresponding targetSdkVersion. If you have more than 20 apps that could be affected in your account, please check the Play Console for a full list. -------------------------------- And then it lists all my apps, because NOTHING is at API 26, lol! If anyone has already updated their core code, I'd love a share. Otherwise, when I get to it, I'll share any updates I've been able to fix and test. Cheers! -- Smug

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 01, 2011
Hopkins, Minnes...
08/06/18 08:23 AM (5 years ago)
Oh, my. I am still using older code than Buzztouch 4, because I have some enhancements in it that I like. I just made an app that was published this weekend, after not filing an app for a couple of years.

mysps
Code is Art
Reg: May 14, 2011
Palma
08/12/18 10:21 AM (5 years ago)
thanks!!! i need to get moving and updating.

Sherry
Lost but trying
Reg: Jan 05, 2013
South Africa
08/25/18 11:37 AM (5 years ago)
I tried everything to make my app prompt for permissions at run time to view firstly a pdf file stored on external storage and secondly permission to access the camera when I did an app update about 3 months back, so that I could publish with API 26 but nothing I tried worked, fortunately at that stage I was still able to publish using a lower API which only prompted permission at load time. Now however I would be up the creek without a paddle so if you know how to implement this i.e what code to use and which BT Files to edit with that code I would be forever grateful.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.