Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 13    Views: 401

mutzy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Nov 03, 2010
Medford, MA
12/12/17 07:37 AM (6 years ago)

HTML pro plugin issues

Is anyone out there using this plugin in a BT4 iOS app? Every time I click on a menu item to load this plugin there is a 3 second delay on both my iPhone and the simulator. I've tried reaching out to the BT team, but it unfortunately seems that Chris is no longer involved and no one else will get back to me. Anyone have a fix for this? Need to get this app updated ASAP. Thanks!! Josh

Bonzo
Apple Fan
Reg: Jan 30, 2012
Basingstoke
12/12/17 08:07 AM (6 years ago)
i thought chris was the main man now for bugs and plugins?! doesnt bode well if he's told you he's no longer involved. prob explains why BT has just pretty much vanished

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
12/13/17 02:52 AM (6 years ago)
I use html pro and it is ok in an existing app, but I have not built anything recently. Echoing @Bonzo's concerns - if Chris isn't around any more, is anyone else looking after the technology?

Kaybee
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Sep 22, 2012
Perth, Australi...
12/14/17 04:54 PM (6 years ago)
Hey guys keep your eyes on the forum for hangout soon. Appreciate your positive support to date.

MacApple
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 25, 2010
USA
12/16/17 08:44 AM (6 years ago)
Nice one Kristen. Been a crazy year for many around here, I'm sure it has been no different for you. Good to see your name as a man once said! Merry Christmas to you and yours and to all on here (lurking or posting) happy holidays! Ps The first App I ever made on BT and switched to self hosted hasn't been updated for over 2 years and still runs on iPhone 10. Needs one heck of an update but just saying. 2 yr old BT code and still kicking it. https://itunes.apple.com/US/app/id421756069?mt=8

MacApple
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 25, 2010
USA
12/16/17 09:16 AM (6 years ago)
Got a bunch of notifications on this thread but no new posts? Did I miss something?

mutzy
Aspiring developer
Medford, MA
12/18/17 08:45 PM (6 years ago)
Kristen- I wish I could share MacApple's enthusiasm, but has been over six months since any sort of update from you on the forum. Six months. This is not okay.

Kaybee
buzztouch Evangelist
Perth, Australi...
12/18/17 08:53 PM (6 years ago)
@mutsy, what kind of forum post or update would you want if there is nothing to update you on? BT is working, the bugs that existed for years are no longer there, I am confused.

Bonzo
Apple Fan
Reg: Jan 30, 2012
Basingstoke
12/19/17 12:30 PM (6 years ago)
@Kaybee 100% agree that the core is working well now thanks to you and your team. From my side, I'd like an update on #bt5. Been a long time since we heard anything on that and curious on progress. Also #accountupdate we're we able to do yearly rather than monthly I've used the report a bug feature before and then not heard anything. Can the raisers get some feedback if and when fixed? Otherwise I have to download core each week just to see if core updated? A similar update that you did before would be great with any news anything maybe in pipeline and maybe things you have had to give up on? https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=B6E885C56178063A9FB3528&fid=29FCCE999D443E6BA90435B&sortColumn=FT.id&sortUpDown=DESC&currentPage=1 Thanks Bonzo P.s. you can keep the ashes! We didn't want them anyway!!

mutzy
Aspiring developer
Medford, MA
12/19/17 08:46 PM (6 years ago)
@kaybee I am confused also... are you saying you haven't done anything in six months worthy of an update, or do you really think there is nothing that needs updating?!? Let's take a step back and start with your last post on June 7th (linked above by @Bonzo): #btstatus: David and Chris have both mentioned they are no longer really involved with BT. Since you yourself don't seem to be much of a coder, who exactly is helping you? Do you need more help? Let us know! #account upgrades: Discounted yearly memberships will be "rolled out by the end of June". It's now December. There's something you can maybe update. #BT5: Again, it's been six months. Any progress whatsoever? #Coreupdates: iOS 11 has been released as well as new iPhone X. There needs to be new launch images added to core files for iPhone X. There is also an issue with the background arrow. Some of this is mentioned here: https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=E9DFA2E283C8A31521F2168&sortColumn=FT.id&sortUpDown=DESC&currentPage=1%22%20target=%22_blank%22%20rel=%22nofollow%22%3Ehttps://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=E9DFA2E283C8A31521F2168&sortColumn=FT.id&sortUpDown=DESC&currentPage= The solution on that post seems to work, but noticed on iPad that the back arrow is MISSING. This needs to be fixed. Another update for you to work on. I haven't made it over to Android yet. #plugin market: I was actually excited when you decided that BT was taking over all the plugins. Chris was working his way down a list updating the more common plugins and releasing them back on the market. Also talk of new plugins. This all of course stopped a few months ago when Chris apparently left. So what's the deal now? When will the other plugins be released? Is there a list you're working on? What about new plugins? And even better, how about you fix the ones already released? You are after all replying to a thread about how the HTML pro plugin doesn't work right. I've even messaged you directly about this with no response whatsoever. Who should I be emailing then? There is a recent post about others having issues with the Menu Image Advanced plugin. Is that enough updates for now? We could talk about the website if you want. If you paid attention to the forum you wouldn't need to ask what needs updating. Josh

Kaybee
buzztouch Evangelist
Perth, Australi...
12/19/17 10:17 PM (6 years ago)
Josh & Bonzo, You guys are 100% correct. There is no doubt, I owe you and the rest of the community an apology. Firstly for the lack of updates, and secondly my response earlier was more of frustration/pressure and was not accurate. Is BT where I hoped it would be 1 year after purchasing it? No. Have I given up on BT and just let be to fall further behind our vision of what it can be? Certainly not. Does BT have a future? I certainly believe so, might not be in its current state. So there will need to be big changes overall in BT, some of it easy some of it scary and a lot of work Firstly I want to clarify that the lack of updates, account upgrades, BT5, Plugin market, iOS11 etc all fall on me. David and Chris have no blame here. They are both willing and able to support BT, but I have held them back due to various reasons. Reasons like, our focus as a business in total and of course financial restraints based on that, like which division of our business requires our attention and wages... On that front, I will have some big news to share by the end of the month about Kaybee Industries Pty Ltd. Which I think the BT community will love !! In the new year I will share our focus openly for BT for 2018. What we plan on doing and how we hope to make it a success. Bottom line is that BT membership needs to grow, in order for that to happen we need to have a product that is attractive to current and future members, then encourages forum participation and referrals etc. BT is a business unit that needs to look after itself financially. I understand it will take some further investment, I am considering otpions. But we need to do it right or not at all. Lastly I am happy to take direct communication via email to start at [email protected] if there is feedback or comments you would like to send to me outside of this public forum. Regards Kristen

kjetil
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 22, 2011
oslo
12/29/17 12:52 PM (6 years ago)
I am also having a problem with the html pro plugin. Loading time is long on both simulator and iphone. Seems like loding time is longer if you have many screens in the app. Did you find a solution for this, mutzy?

mutzy
Aspiring developer
Medford, MA
12/31/17 11:21 AM (6 years ago)
No, and no update from Buzztouch. Unfortunately it seems there won't be many changes until 2018.

mutzy
Aspiring developer
Medford, MA
01/02/18 09:53 PM (6 years ago)
HTML Pro plugin has been fixed!!! HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE Josh

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.