Discussion Forums  >  Audio, Video, Playing, Recording

Replies: 4    Views: 195

miku
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 20, 2014
zagorje ob savi
02/27/14 12:55 PM (10 years ago)

Smaller AT53 Video Player on iPad

I would use video file only as part of the screen on Ipad. I understand that for iPhone AT53 should be the full screen, but on ipad I'd like to have on the same screen one image, one text and one video in the same time. Is it also possible to have 2 or more plugins on same screen?

ATRAIN53
Code is Art
Reg: Nov 17, 2011
Chicago
02/28/14 08:49 AM (10 years ago)
Greetings, great question and a feature I've contemplated for the ipad.... I see stars so you're watching vids and learning BT. Cool. Each BT Plugin is a 'screen', so multiple plugins on a screen is not possible. But you could create a custom plugin that uses the functionality of a couple of plugins and incorporate their 'views' into one plugin screen. That's kinda advanced for a newer BT user... (and welcome!) but it's totally possible. So the video player (which is actually just a moviePlayerController view) on the screen with some text - I'd have to mod that plugin code and layout to accommidate that. Can you send me a mock-up of what you'd like the screen to look like? I'll see if I can find some time to cookup a new XIB file for the ipad. Is this a feature anyone else would like to see with the plugin?

miku
Aspiring developer
zagorje ob savi
03/01/14 02:00 AM (10 years ago)
I am coming more from the world of iBooks (created with Books Author) where widgets (audio, video, animations, etc) can be only part of the screen. For all kinds of tablets that option would be also fine to have in BT . On link http://www.multima.si/downloads/screen.jpg you can see one of pages from instructional manuals, where is fine to have some text beside video.

ATRAIN53
Code is Art
Reg: Nov 17, 2011
Chicago
03/04/14 07:58 AM (10 years ago)
I can build you a screen like that. Give me a few days and I'll mod the plugin and create a new custom plugin for you that has the video view and space for text/description. I'm going to go with the video on right and text on left. It's gonna be only one video tho - adding a second video view to the screen/plugin would require rewriting a lot of the code - but 1 video I can easily accomidate by adjusting the existing plugin. Are you comfortable at all editing code and using Interface Builder? and Slovenia? I saw that entire city was frozen over SOLID! We've had similar weather here in Chicago - but not that bad!

miku
Aspiring developer
zagorje ob savi
03/04/14 10:25 AM (10 years ago)
OK, one video is good. About editing code and using Interface, I'm learning. About Slovenia: whole country was frozen, after that came flood, but now looks better. Thanks.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.