Discussion Forums  >  Uncategorized

Replies: 10    Views: 756

Skyr0s
Code is Art
Reg: Jan 26, 2012
Hong Kong
03/10/12 02:21 AM (12 years ago)

Presentation

Since there is no dedicated section, I believe it is the most appropriate place to present myself. My name is Anthony, I am an "Aspiring Developer" in both Buzztouch (amazing job BT Gang btw!) and in other languages, including C++ and Bash. I live in Hong Kong, and have just turned 16. I know that minors are often shown as 'script kiddies' and wannabe programmers, and this image is sometimes hard to fight off for the minors who really try. Now you might be wondering why I am telling you the story of my life, it is quite simple: I am willing to spend alot of my time helping Buzztouch. This includes writing tutorials on Buzztouch U if you need someone to write (somehow I believe that will not happen overnight), or just reporting bugs, or even just being a beta tester. I am impatient to hear about all of you very soon! In the meantime, I bid you fairwell ! Anthony (Skry0s)

Stefan
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Dec 21, 2010
Sweden
03/10/12 02:34 AM (12 years ago)
Hello Nice presentation of you. Welcome. BR/Stefan

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
03/10/12 03:10 AM (12 years ago)
@Antoinesg: Welcome aboard! Your offer to help is genuinely appreciated, your posts are already helping folks, awesome! You're well written, well spoken, and can't possibly be 16, right? Geez, makes our American education look really really bad. Funny. Tip: Don't give up on the C++. As a new developer, it's tempting to look past the classic languages (such as C) and move directly into more modern approaches, such as Objective C or Java. However, if you can find the time and the dedication to learn C++ you'll be FAR BETTER OFF than 99% of all "mobile" developers. You may not realize how yet, and it's tough to explain...just know that it's very worth it to study older, established, and far more efficient languages like C++ than it is to cut-corners and start making things without understanding as much as you could about what's happening behind the scenes (compilers, etc.) Glad to have ya' and look forward to seeing your avatar around.

Rad Doc
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 08, 2010
USA, NYC
03/10/12 04:21 AM (12 years ago)
Anthony,What a great name. I could not pick a better name myself. Lol. You cant possibly be 16. Whats your DOB, just kidding. Keep up the great work and welcome to the BT family. The Doc.

javooooo
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 17, 2011
Sydney, Austral...
03/10/12 05:07 AM (12 years ago)
Welcome! Look forward to seeing ya round!

XboxMods
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Oct 28, 2011
location unknow...
03/10/12 06:38 AM (12 years ago)
Welcome! BT is Great and the support is fantastic!

Fred@mySkylla com
Android Fan
Reg: Oct 03, 2011
location unknow...
03/10/12 09:11 AM (12 years ago)
Anthony, I publish, MySkylla's Guide to Buzztouch: www.myskylla.wordpress.com I always interested in contributing writers. Fred

Skyr0s
Code is Art
Reg: Jan 26, 2012
Hong Kong
03/10/12 09:15 AM (12 years ago)
Thanks everyone for your warm welcome ! Indeed this Forum is active. Fred, I have Bookmarked your link, and will be look into it more precisely tomorrow.

AppGuy30
Code is Art
Reg: Oct 29, 2011
location unknow...
04/01/12 06:50 PM (12 years ago)
I know one buzztouch developer that is younger than 16, some people just get it at a young age!

jasonallen1980
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jul 18, 2012
St. Louis
08/22/12 11:18 AM (11 years ago)
Nice introduction!

Product Z
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 28, 2012
SAINT PAUL, MN
09/28/12 11:22 AM (11 years ago)
I am not sure if Skyros intention was for others to present themselves as well, BUT I'M HI JACKING THIS THREAD ANYWAY. I just signed up for BT because I want to learn to develop for mobile. I have played around with jailbreaking in it's early stages, then I went to Android. I have been taking advantage of XDA developers community and it's fruition. Aside rom that, I do not know dick about development. I am pushing 30 years old now and have been a computer nerd since 14. I have somehow managed to neglect delving into software development and regretfully so. I am hoping to make up for it by stepping into the smartphone era. I have nothing to contribute yet and only a basic understanding of roms, kernels, recoveries, and so on. It seems to me that BT leans a little toward the Apple side of things. I am okay with that as I would like to be equally educated on both platforms, (and who knows, maybe windows mobile someday). I just hope I can get a fair amount of Android support here. Can't wait to start learning. Thanks!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.