Discussion Forums  >  Self Hosted Control Panels

Replies: 2    Views: 304

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
11/11/15 09:40 AM (8 years ago)

bt_api_requests gone [SOLVED]

For days my BT server was acting up, stopping everything in site. I had to restart everything two or three times a day, call Hostgator support, create tickets and so on. Today, the main culprit of all this, the database bt_api_requests disappeared. I guess it contained about 1 GB of data. It is so much that I don't even have a program with which I can read file that large. Truth to be told, I deleted several plugins through phpMyAdmin, after which the database was no more, however, there were severe problems with the database days and days before. So, yeah, I shouldn't have done that through brute force, but it only served to underlie the problem. The database was completely missing and I was getting messages like this: [ERROR] Table './xxxxxxxxx/bt_api_requests' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed I tried to repair the database but to no avail. So, I have reinstalled the records in that database and it started filling again. As far as I can see, this database is used to call buzztouch.com to get the config data. All good and well, but I have now quite another problem. When I try to download the app through the Prepare For Download option, the first two options, Choose plugins and Include Optional SDK appear, while the third and most important option, Select iOS or Android does not appear, at least not immediately. It actually appears after a minute or two. Unfortunately, it is not possible to use that option to download anything as the following error is shown in red: Errors occurred processing your request... 1) buzztouch.com API return invalid JSON So, that does not work. I guess this is the question mainly for David Book, but maybe we can all learn something from this, which is why I am sharing it through forum. So, what to do to regain the functionality that was present before?

RonBo
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Feb 26, 2012
Raleigh, NC
11/11/15 05:33 PM (8 years ago)
I vaguely remember having this, and fixing it, but don't recall how. In looking on the forums, I found this. Hope it helps. If I find my stuff, I'll update as well https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=909F6EB791D926C69A2CDB0&command=isSearching&currentPage=1&topicTitle=json%20error&createdBy=&repliedBy=&minViews=-1&maxViews=-1&minReplies=-1&maxReplies=-1&forumCategory=

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
11/11/15 11:36 PM (8 years ago)
@RonBo Thank you for pointing that link out to me. So I searched further and found this post in which David Book explains what is going on: http://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=C1B1BCF58DF591A7BD93A3C The consensus from other forum posts was that one needs to change or verify that the API key is working. So go to your Admin control panel in the BT server and click on Server Settings, then on arrowbuzztouch.com API Key and Secret. This will give you access to your API key details, and more importantly, to a button called validate. I clicked on that and it checked out. After that I tried downloading an app and it started working again. Magic!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.