Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 7    Views: 127

Moto110
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jul 26, 2011
Orlando, FL
02/23/17 01:25 PM (7 years ago)

Link in BT_screen_customURL open in Safari?

Is it possible to have a URL open in Safari from my website that loads from a BT_screen_customURL screen? Currently it loads in the app even it I try making the link open in a new tab it still loads in the app. I have the HTMLPro plugin and tried to use that to open the "Open in Native App" screen but because of CSS and Javascript on my website it is not loading properly with that plugin. I have one link that I would prefer it open in Safari because the users have to login to it and I want them to feel more secure and also have the benefit of Safari being able to save their password.

Jake Chasan
Veteran developer
Reg: May 13, 2011
location unknow...
02/23/17 02:53 PM (7 years ago)
The best approach iOS 9+ is to use the SFSafariViewController (a view controller within your app that uses safari so the login will be secure and the user will be able to access their saved passwords). I don't know if the plugin market still allows one to purchase plugins, but if it does, you should check out Safari Window which allows your app to interact with the SFSafariViewController: http://www.buzztouch.com/plugins/plugin.php?pid=73194DD9E8A6D2ECCBBF345 If you cannot purchase the plugin, post again and I will reply with some other ideas that I have that may solve your problem. Jake

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
02/23/17 03:03 PM (7 years ago)
The only url / html plugin that I know can call another plugin is html pro. My instinct would be to use "Open in Native App" to open the native device browser, passing the url directly, calling it from a menu plugin perhaps? You would then loading the page that calls the link you need. With this approach the page should load correctly in the browser and then the link you want would be available. Worth a shot?

Moto110
Aspiring developer
Orlando, FL
02/23/17 06:30 PM (7 years ago)
The plugin market is not allowing us to purchase new plugins, so the SFSafariViewController is not an option. I would love to use the HTMLPro plugin that I have purchased but when I have it load my webpage from a URL it says files are missing. As I mentioned I have CSS and Java script files in subfolders in the web directory which seems to be part of the problem. When I moved them to the root of the webserver it kind of loaded the page but I seem to still have issues with the page style loading properly. Other than this one link that takes the user to a "client login portal" to manage their account the entire webpage functions and looks like an app. I just wish I could get this one link to leave the app (which is entirely made up of a webpage loading from the custom URL plugin) and open in Safari. A menu plugin would cause the user to have to choose something before getting into the main app (Custom URL plugin loading a web page). Hopefully that makes sense to you.

Jake Chasan
Veteran developer
Reg: May 13, 2011
location unknow...
02/23/17 08:30 PM (7 years ago)
If you would like, you can send your project to [email protected] and I can take a look at why your HTML Pro plugin is not working properly.

fusionsch
I hate code!
Reg: Dec 28, 2010
Montreux Switze...
02/24/17 06:33 AM (7 years ago)
On the webpage loaded from the plugin (Custom URL or HTML Pro or any), try using full paths to your Javascript and CSS (http:// and so on) instead of relative paths, it may solve the problem! Cheers Jack

Moto110
Aspiring developer
Orlando, FL
02/24/17 08:18 AM (7 years ago)
@fusionsch Thank You changing my links to the absolute path in place of the relative path fixed the problem with the HTML Pro plugin. The app is working as expected now. I would also like to thank the others for responding. I have been a long time Buzztouch user and I'm glad to see things are changing. Hopefully the community is getting energized again to see these changes. I know I am glad to be a part of the community!

fusionsch
I hate code!
Reg: Dec 28, 2010
Montreux Switze...
02/24/17 08:49 AM (7 years ago)
Great! Happy to know it solved the issue!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.