Discussion Forums  >  Crashes, Memory Warnings

Replies: 2    Views: 194

farcat
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 27, 2012
France
08/12/13 02:01 AM (10 years ago)

old app now crashing on launch

Hi guys, I am making a new version of an existing app but it keeps crashing on launch. It is a fresh download and no code was amended. I am looking at the debug console to try and figure out the issue and I read :"Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException'" Full debug message here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d8vf8hqlfme974y/V-miHKmvz4 Buzztouch Version : v2.0 IOS, Xcode Version 4.6.2 Only official BT plugins for are used for this app. Could anybody please share some light on this issue? Thanks! Farcat

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
08/12/13 03:22 AM (10 years ago)
Looks like you might have some old code in your plugins... Just before the crash, you can see it balking about an 'unrecognized selector' from a BT_debugger statement in your BT_screenMenuSearch plugin. either comment out the debugger line, or update it with new code. For example... old code: [BT_debugger showIt:self:@"viewWillAppear"]; new code: [BT_debugger showIt:self theMessage:@"viewWillAppear"]; hope this helps! Cheers! -- Smug

farcat
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 27, 2012
France
08/12/13 03:40 AM (10 years ago)
Thanks Smug, it helped a lot! The Search plugin was the culprit, as it wasn't essential to this project I just deleted it. Thanks again Farcat

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.