Discussion Forums  >  WebViews and HTML for Mobile

Replies: 4    Views: 285

techd
I hate code!
Reg: Sep 17, 2012
Cleveland
01/22/16 01:31 PM (8 years ago)

Web page scrolling problem on Samsung

Our TransTec Transmission app that is in the Google Play store has worked for years but recently started having scrolling problems on some phones especially Samsung. When the app opens the initial Transmission by Vehicle page accesses a php page on the site but it will not scroll down to show all of the manufactures on some Samsung phones. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this? Thanks!

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
01/22/16 03:29 PM (8 years ago)
sometimes when it seems as if my device browser won't scroll down far enough, I typically add more 'space' at the bottom of the html page to be displayed, to allow a bit of a buffer... <div><p>&nbsp;</p></div> add one or more of those depending on how much room you want/need. Hope this helps! Cheers! -- Smug

techd
I hate code!
Cleveland
01/23/16 06:49 AM (8 years ago)
Thanks SmugWimp. It definitely is not scrolling at all on this page because opens to show 8-10 manufacturers and there are hundreds. At first all of the complaints were from Samsung users but now I have a couple from LG and Nexus users. This page is the first in the lookup table and without it the app is no longer useable.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
01/23/16 08:29 AM (8 years ago)
Hmm... well, that is kind of odd. I'd start off by using the emulator with the latest/greatest flavor of Android, and see if you can duplicate the problem. I found a few crumbs around the net that suggest it may very well be the version of Android they use... https://github.com/driftyco/ionic/issues/772 You might want to try and display scroll bars, if the 'touch' is causing an issue... Or you may have to go into the plugin and modify the webView code to adapt it to your pages, but offhand I'm not sure what the fix would/could be. Cheers! -- Smug

techd
I hate code!
Cleveland
01/23/16 08:39 AM (8 years ago)
Thanks Smug, I posted in the beta testers section to hopefully find someone who can replicate the problem so I can narrow down to a certain Android version or device(s). Mine all work. I haven't found one that doesn't work from my local connections. The only bright spot so far is the App is free so my friends can get it from Google Play to check it without me sending them the files and explaining how to install.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.