Discussion Forums  >  Audio, Video, Playing, Recording

Replies: 7    Views: 337

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
11/21/13 06:07 PM (10 years ago)

ATRAIN53 PLUGIN: How to get Youtube direct url streams

For example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_6I089_mrE add "ss" in front of youtube to take you to the save from website. For example http://www.ssyoutube.com/watch?v=s_6I089_mrE There will be different format links for the video on the right. In ATrain53's video player plugin you can right click, click copy link address, and paste it in the url spot. It will stream perfectly. At least for me it did. I've only tried this on android and not iphone yet. Im sure it works the same.

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Amarillo, Texas
11/21/13 06:10 PM (10 years ago)
Some youtube videos wont work. I guess it depends on the uploader or something

buzzbt
Android Fan
Reg: Nov 14, 2011
las vegas
11/21/13 07:17 PM (10 years ago)
Amazing! that is good to know, thanks for sheering.

Sandeep
Android Fan
Reg: Feb 01, 2012
Miraj, India
11/21/13 07:29 PM (10 years ago)
Wow! Thanks for sharing this new trick with us. Been searching options to play youtube videos for few weeks now on ios. You are a life saver. Kudos!

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Amarillo, Texas
11/21/13 07:50 PM (10 years ago)
No prob. I try to give back as much as I can. Yall have helped me get so far on bt.Its faster than sniffing packets of the url. I try to live by the saying "work smarter not harder" ha. Ive been searching for weeks also. Right after I found the trick, I posted it. Heres the site I found it on. They have other tips I havent tried. http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/whats-the-youtube-url-for-downloading-360p-mp4-version-of-videos/

Sandeep
Android Fan
Reg: Feb 01, 2012
Miraj, India
11/22/13 01:32 AM (10 years ago)
I tried this trick and some others from your link on ios but it does not work.

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Amarillo, Texas
11/22/13 09:11 AM (10 years ago)
Cool thanks for the info.hopefully we can figure it out soon

ATRAIN53
Code is Art
Reg: Nov 17, 2011
Chicago
11/22/13 09:17 AM (10 years ago)
Interesting. I've tried that hack with some luck as well. The AT53 Video Player uses MPMoviePlayerController and that doesn't really work with YouTube properly because YouTube wants a UIWebview. I think not embedding in a webview is some violation of their TOS as well? The other problem is that call is accessing their API and they will change that API eventually.... regardless... I've got a 'potential' plugin for the market to play EMBEDDED YouTube directly in iOS. Waiting for the new Self Hosted so I can build a screen to manipulate it's JSON. I also want to see what happens with the updated YTPlaylist plugin because the dev mentioned some new changes/updates a while back. (?) A few issues I still need to work out with the code - 1) Rotation for the screen.... The new code does play videos in a 'full screen' Portrait mode which is nice - but the webview that displays when the video ends depending on your rotation needs to be dealt with. 2) What to do when video ends.... I'm popping viewcontrollers in the background to force the video to launch but removing 2 views from the stack is requiring some effort. It seems there is always going to be some tapping involved to get YT to play or dismiss in IOS. Nothing just launches or removes from view automatically. I have had luck using the code with STREAMING YouTube which rocks.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.