Discussion Forums  >  Suggestions, Ideas, Wish List

Replies: 6    Views: 148

Nicks App
Code is Art
Reg: May 21, 2014
Las Vegas
09/30/14 12:05 PM (9 years ago)

Selling My App to Consumers

I have my App on Google Play, Amazon Android Marketplace, and from my own site. Someone from Russia bought one from Google Play, and minutes later cancelled. Can I assume that Google Play has some mechanism that disables the App? If the customer bought it with the intent to defraud: order, download, install, run, cancel payment. What would be strategies for me to be able to do that via BT Self-Hosted Control Panel, etc.?

feraco
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 23, 2012
nyc
09/30/14 12:08 PM (9 years ago)
After you buy an app from google play you have a certain window of time until you can cancel your order and get your money back. Its annoying.

Nicks App
Code is Art
Las Vegas
09/30/14 12:13 PM (9 years ago)
Can the customer still run the App?

tb
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Nov 03, 2011
Oxford
09/30/14 12:22 PM (9 years ago)
No. They wouldn't get the app. However, I remember Google had a small blip with this a few years ago. For about two days, anyone who was refunded could still have the app. But two days later it was patched.

Nicks App
Code is Art
Las Vegas
09/30/14 12:24 PM (9 years ago)
When a customer buys a download from me, from my site, then asks for refund, how to do disable it in turn?

mysps
Code is Art
Reg: May 14, 2011
Palma
09/30/14 12:44 PM (9 years ago)
You can't disable it from it being used if its from your site I guess. But perhaps you can prohibit refunds? You'll get very few that want to refund I suppose. I wouldn't worry about it. It is annoying but that is the game for some people.. But you'll have more customers that won't think of returning an app. Of course I don't know the price of your app but thats my opinion at least :)

Caslor
Android Fan
Reg: Jul 26, 2013
athens
11/08/14 03:35 AM (9 years ago)
in my opinion this is right.. as there are so many models and brands of smart devices with android , you can never be sure that your app will run as it should be in all of them.. recently i get a feedback from a user that uses my free version of my app asking if it will available (the pro version - paying ) for his device as one friend of him with the same device as he had , bought my pro version and never worked. So it is good for consumers can get their money back and avoid bad reports.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.