Agu
Lost but trying
Reg: Mar 06, 2014
GRANADA
06/07/15 03:34 AM (9 years ago)

ECLIPSE OR STUDIO?

I´m not using BT in the last months and it seems that the package of my project download is different and when i load it in eclipse it shows 4 errors: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name '@android:style/Theme.Holo'. styles.xml /BT_activity_start/res/values line 5 Android AAPT Problem Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:windowActionBar'. styles.xml /BT_activity_start/res/values line 6 Android AAPT Problem Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name '@android:style/Theme.Holo.Light'. styles.xml /BT_activity_start/res/values line 11 Android AAPT Problem Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:windowActionBar'. styles.xml /BT_activity_start/res/values line 12 Android AAPT Problem What can be wrong? Eclipse cannot use this different project download? Need to use Android Studio? Thanks!

mysps
Code is Art
Reg: May 14, 2011
Palma
06/07/15 04:03 AM (9 years ago)
If you are downloading from Buzztouch.com the package has been changed to cater to Android Studio. So its better to download and configure Android studio. Here are some videos by GoNorthWest: https://www.youtube.com/user/GoNorthWest It will get you going and the instructions.pdf explain that it needs Android studio as well! Good luck

Agu
Lost but trying
GRANADA
06/07/15 04:12 AM (9 years ago)
ok, i´ll do it. Thanks!

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
06/07/15 04:12 AM (9 years ago)
If you are downloading from buzztouch.com, through your account, then you must use Android Studio. If you are self hosting, then the project you download is still for Eclipse and you import it into Android Studio if you want to. But you can use it in Eclipse without ever going to Android Studio, if that is what you are used to. All users here are (eagerly) expecting the update of self hosting software, which will bring Android Studio to all of us. However, there is not a specific date announced for it. At first I did not like Eclipse, but now it is like a second home to me. Still, Android Studio is the future, there is no doubt about it.

Agu
Lost but trying
GRANADA
06/07/15 05:14 AM (9 years ago)
Yes, i´m not self hosted, so i will follow your advice and will move to AS. I hope a can learn all i need! (again) :) Thanks for your help.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.