Discussion Forums  >  iOS / Android Beta Testers

Replies: 3    Views: 79

Mountain Man
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 04, 2012
Mountain Time Z...
03/13/13 08:00 AM (11 years ago)

Issues with simulator and new versions of app

I've had problems getting the simulator to display my app. I've modified the app and when I open the simulator I see multiple icons, but none of them display correctly when I click on them and open them within the simulator. I've downloaded the updated app to xcode, and when I open xcode it will show me a different version of the project available, for example I can see "downloads/projectname_v20_ios" or "downloads/projectname_v20_ios-1" and "downloads/projectname_v20_ios-2", but regardless of the version selected I can't seem to get the app to function in the simulator as it was previously.

Stobe
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Mar 04, 2011
Fredericksburg,...
03/13/13 09:50 AM (11 years ago)
When you downloaded new versions of the project and opened them up in Xcode, did you remember to drag the plugin folder into Xcode? (Asking, because I've forgotten to do so a few times).

Nick Langley
Apple Fan
Reg: May 08, 2012
Birmingham, Uni...
03/13/13 01:46 PM (11 years ago)
... stobe i think you got it. I did this earlier, *facepalm! We all do it.

Mountain Man
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 04, 2012
Mountain Time Z...
03/27/13 07:33 AM (11 years ago)
Thanks guys. When I do that Xcode tells me that it can't accept the plugins folder because it already exists and wants me to move or remove the existing folder. I can't see the prior plugin folder to move/delete?

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.