Discussion Forums  >  Self Hosted Control Panels

Replies: 2    Views: 88

Nicks App
Code is Art
Reg: May 21, 2014
Las Vegas
07/10/14 10:22 AM (10 years ago)

API Management

I really wish we could manage our Google APIs in our Self Hosted Control Panel. Well, actually ALL of our BT IDs, and Google APIs. Keys, IDs, codes: Application: Application Id Control Panel Id Control Panel Password Eclipse: SHA1 MD5 Google: API key (Report to cloud key??) I'm keeping a separate .csv with these - all hand prepared. If the Control Panel had an area (per each Application) where we enter the SHA1, MD5, and Google APIs, that would cut through half of the clutter, and keep this organized.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
07/10/14 02:59 PM (10 years ago)
This topic has been covered before. One of the suggestions brought forth was too use a customHTML plugin in the app, and use it as kind of a 'notepad' to hold unique information for that particular project. Might work for your needs too. Cheers! -- Smug

Nicks App
Code is Art
Reg: May 21, 2014
Las Vegas
07/10/14 03:28 PM (10 years ago)
I just wrote a little PHP/html form script, that manages 13 (so far) IDs and keys and URLs in BT Control Panel and Google Control Panel... to match places in config.txt where some go. It is a little bit of busy work, but they now are in one set of pigeon holes. The BT Control Panel info is contained in two different SQL tables. I could call the data from the BT Server SQL tables, then match with my copy/paste from my Google Control Panel... or what I do, just copy/paste everything into my Array (that I save as an array, rather than SQL). It still would be nice if the Control Panel for each of my Apps had a field in LocationMap config for the Google API Key. It has 10 configuration items now, an 11th wouldn't be all that bad! Then I would call it all from the SQL table. At least with my way, I manage it all.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.