Discussion Forums  >  Self Hosted Control Panels

Replies: 3    Views: 103

KevinPerry
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 10, 2012
Wisconsin, USA
09/01/14 02:10 PM (9 years ago)

3.x Self Hosting - nickname issue

Hello all, Not sure how to explain it ... I create a new app. I make a simple menu as the home screen, I open its properties and create a listing, that will be another simple menu plugin and adds it just fine. It creates the new menu screen, if I go to that new screens properties, I am unable to modify, or actually save the modifications, I get the error listed below. I then go back to the properties for the home screen menu and remove the second menu from its list (not delete the screen, just the link to it in the home screen menu). I can then go back to the second menu screen and modify and save all day long. Reverse the process (add the second menu to the first menu) and I can no longer modify the second menu. I get the error {"result":"error", "errors":"nickname already in use, no duplicates allowed"} The strange thing is that it does not do this with every single screen I add, just 2 of the plugins I have tried so far, Menu_Simple and Custom_URL. The Custom_HTML works just fine, when it has a link on a menu that leads to it. That is the only other one I have tried. Anyone have any ideas? This is after an upgrade from, I think a 2.1.6 system to the current downloadable 3.0.0, it says it is running all current version plugins (after updating). Thanks, Kevin

Ed Goodall
Fusion Technology
Reg: Oct 01, 2011
Wiltshire, UK
09/01/14 02:45 PM (9 years ago)
If it is a plugin problem, go to the Plugin Admin Panel and press refresh in there about 3 times... it's a bit odd for me sometimes. Also, none of the screens share the same name?

KevinPerry
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 10, 2012
Wisconsin, USA
09/01/14 03:00 PM (9 years ago)
I was not sure if it was an old plugin or file or what so I made a new setup and duplicated it. New setup is a completely clean install into a new SQL database and folder location. I have it all setup from the download only and then I got the plugins (pulled from control panel). I still get the same issue. Could it be an SQL version issue, I think the one I have is a couple/few years old now :-( ? Have the SQL requirements changed in the last 2-3 years?

WolfTimJ
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Feb 20, 2011
Rockwall, TX
09/01/14 04:27 PM (9 years ago)
My server does it too and it's VERY annoying. Pretty sure it's a known issue. Easiest workaround is to just change the nickname (I've just been adding a 1 to the end of the name) when you make the other change then hit save. Tim

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.