Discussion Forums  >  Self Hosted Control Panels

Replies: 6    Views: 161

Joe Sprott
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 20, 2011
Melbourne, FL
08/21/14 06:16 AM (9 years ago)

JSON Data Load Configuration

My self hosted is not loading the JSON Data page. It just spins trying to load. I should say that I have app store apps on this control panel so any solution must work around maintaining the existing BT-server file directory and possibly data base tables. I opened a chat at Host gator on Sunday to add a phpinfo page so I could use my coffee cup forms builder. I logged in yesterday to find that the JSON Data will not load with no error message. I conclude that host gator tech did something and they are not admitting it or they don't even know what was done. PHP is 5.4 on my server. It was 5.3 a couple weeks ago. I have never had this problem before so I tried php 5.3 and 5.2 but reset to 5.4 when it did not fix problem They say contact the developer and I say that is not the issue. So what is. I have a backup from July full site backup. They will implement the back up but I can not tell them correctly how to install the back up while keeping my existing projects working in the BT-server. These are live apps. How should I implement my back up while keeping my files directory the same and not changing the tables in the data base? This kind of thing sure makes me realize that knowing everything how BT software works is vital. Or perhaps someone can tell me another way Joe Sprott Bodacious Media

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
08/21/14 08:44 AM (9 years ago)
>My self hosted is not loading the JSON Data page There is another thread already for this: https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?fid=5DC0E16DC46A6418A3CFBAA&tid=5DC0E16DC46A6418A3CFBAA I think you should tell David Book about this. >they are not admitting it or they don't even know what was done. Yes, that is possible, however, at situations like this, I go to HostGator chat and ask them to "escalate the issue to support". That is the magic phrase you want to use; the tech at chat will open a support ticket for you and someone in Hostgator will be alarmed. When it is "escalated", the support is the fastest possbile; if you create a help ticket on your own, the response time is couple of days, not couple of hours. You can ask Hostgator to use the last backup they have, it is usually from the previous Sunday. This may cost you 15 bucks and certainly will not get back the data gathered in the meanwhile, but it may help you somewhat. You can work with PHP 5.3 if you put a special line in the .htaccess file. >How should I implement my back up while keeping my files directory the same and not changing the tables in the data base? The backup will overwrite the tables in the database, that's for sure. May be the change from PHP 5.3 to 5.4 is the culprit here. A difficult situation.

Nicks App
Code is Art
Reg: May 21, 2014
Las Vegas
08/21/14 09:30 AM (9 years ago)
I host with Servage.net. In Germany, near Denmark. Besides a user Control Panel that they wrote themselves (none of the CPanel or Plexis garbage), and MySQL/phpMyAdmin, they have very fast servers. Once in a while, SQL gets bogged down, but I've moved away from SQL when and where possible. (I use PHP serialize/unserialize arrays, which do not call on other servers, and I can make a timestamp backup every time I do the equivalent of an insert or update). I've been with them since 2005, and have never had the situation most users have had with US-based hosts, that fiddle with things, and don't know how to deal with the consequences of their fiddling.

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 01, 2011
Hopkins, Minnes...
08/21/14 11:20 PM (9 years ago)
I looked at this with Joe today, but we ran out of time to solve it. I don't think this problem is related to the other string. There is no error message....the URL is stuck loading. It doesn't affect the config in the app....the config URL works fine. Only the Get JSON screen won't load.

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
08/22/14 12:37 AM (9 years ago)
>so I could use my coffee cup forms builder. What was the last thing you did before JSON got corrupt?

Joe Sprott
Code is Art
Melbourne, FL
08/22/14 02:05 AM (9 years ago)
@Dusko Thanks very much for your help. The escalation advice is very cool and thanks for that's outstanding advice. I have switched back to PHP 5.3 and even tried 5.2 but not working. The JSON is accessable and good but not through the JSON Data link in self hosted control panel but through the cloud URL. I set back to 5.3 overnight to make sure there was not a any delay time when swithching between the two settings 5.3 and 5.4. I just looked at the cloud URL after switching to 5.3 over night. This is all that is there {"lastModifiedUTC":"Thu, 21 Aug 2014 20:41:46 -0700"} that's it. yesterday when Sue and I were working we had full JSON using 5.4 PHP on the Cloud URL so I just switched back to 5.4 and I am waiting and hoping the JSON will come back. The chat with host gator prior to this problem was having then create a PHP.infopage for the use of the coffee cup forms builder. I am going to install a BT-server on another website I have at host Gator and see what happens. I am also digging through the PHP page in admin on self hosted. I also just checked an app on itunes to see if it is working and all is good there. I will keep everyone informed as I move forward with testing

Joe Sprott
Code is Art
Melbourne, FL
08/22/14 01:32 PM (9 years ago)
Just to let you all know, I had Host Gator reinstall their backup prior to my chat session and it made know difference. I don't care any more my apps work in the market and I can access JSON through the cloud URL. I simply said screw it and installed a new BT-server on another domain name and the JSON Data load configuration page works perfectly. after I transfer my active apps to the new server I am going to take a stick of Dynamite and upload it to the sickly BT-server. Thanks for your help Joe

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.