Discussion Forums  >  Self Hosted Control Panels

Replies: 13    Views: 177

Nicks App
Code is Art
Reg: May 21, 2014
Las Vegas
08/09/14 03:48 PM (9 years ago)

App Store Warnings

Huh??? I'm using MenuSimple and LocationMap. Out of the box, no features. Missing Push Notification Entitlement - Your app appears to include API used to register with the Apple Push Notification service, but the app signature's entitlements do not include the "aps-environment" entitlement. If your app uses the Apple Push Notification service, make sure your App ID is enabled for Push Notification in the Provisioning Portal, and resubmit after signing your app with a Distribution provisioning profile that includes the "aps-environment" entitlement. See "Provisioning and Development" in the Local and Push Notification Programming Guide for more information. If your app does not use the Apple Push Notification service, no action is required. You may remove the API from future submissions to stop this warning. If you use a third-party framework, you may need to contact the developer for information on removing the API.

Nicks App
Code is Art
Las Vegas
08/09/14 03:57 PM (9 years ago)
I have 5 screenshots for 3.5 inch retina and 4 inch retina. Yet, I got this: iTunes Connect Dear We are unable to proceed with the review of your app with the Apple ID because it is missing at least one screenshot. Universal binaries require at least one screenshot for every supported device. Additionally, you must provide the required screenshots for each localization. To resume the review process, upload the missing screenshots in the My Apps module on iTunes Connect. For more information on screenshot requirements, see the iTunes Connect Developer Guide on developer.apple.com. Regards, The App Review team

Ed Goodall
Fusion Technology
Reg: Oct 01, 2011
Wiltshire, UK
08/09/14 04:02 PM (9 years ago)
Does your xcode project say Universal (iPhone and iPad)? If you've only uploaded 3.5 and 4 inch and it says that, it is looking for iPad screenshots... Also regarding the Push, does your App ID have Push enabled and you haven't included it? Ed

Nicks App
Code is Art
Las Vegas
08/09/14 04:04 PM (9 years ago)
My Xcode project does say Universal, but App Store only asked me for 3.5 and 4... there's no menu item, no place to upload iPad.

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
08/09/14 04:06 PM (9 years ago)
As far as the push error, there won't be any approval issues. Apple is just letting you know that the app has been setup to support push, but doesn't have the push entitlement. It's just a reminder message for yourself in case you meant to include it. I don't use push on any of my apps, and apple emails me that warning message every single time I submit an app, but no issues as far as approval goes. Also, sounds like Ed is right on the money about the universal app setting. That will require ipad screenshots to be added in itunesconnect. If you didn't mean it to support ipad as well, simply change from universal to iphone in the project settings and resubmit.

Nicks App
Code is Art
Las Vegas
08/09/14 04:09 PM (9 years ago)
Let me see if I can install the App on my iPad. it will give my new iPad something to do, since I don't use iPads (much) in the US, as I do in UK and Europe.

Ed Goodall
Fusion Technology
Wiltshire, UK
08/09/14 04:17 PM (9 years ago)
Do you intend for the app to be Universal?

Ed Goodall
Fusion Technology
Wiltshire, UK
08/09/14 04:18 PM (9 years ago)
Reason being, you're uploading a binary which says "I support iPhone and iPad!" but customers will only see iPhone screens at the moment and Apple expect iPad screens.

Nicks App
Code is Art
Las Vegas
08/09/14 04:42 PM (9 years ago)
Now I can't get Xcode to recognize my iPad.

Nicks App
Code is Art
Las Vegas
08/09/14 05:04 PM (9 years ago)
I hacked around and finally got my iPad added to Xcode (I don't remember doing all of those steps for my iPhone)... Then it had a fit about provisioning profiles... hacked around that. App works on Simulator... uses the current config.txt file from the dataurl. On iPad, acts like it can't read the config.txt file from the dataurl.

Nicks App
Code is Art
Las Vegas
08/09/14 05:15 PM (9 years ago)
That's because, in the process of connecting to my desktop, iTunes, Xcode... it lost the connection to the router. Reboot iPad, reboot Router. My Goodness - my App looks stunning on my iPad!!

Ed Goodall
Fusion Technology
Wiltshire, UK
08/10/14 01:19 AM (9 years ago)
If you need to distribute for iPad too, you need to get screenshots on iTC. If you don't. you can't be approved. You will need to find where you went wrong uploading. Maybe it is because you need to delete the binary on the iTC end so you can modify again?

Nicks App
Code is Art
Las Vegas
08/10/14 08:04 AM (9 years ago)
I got the screenshots, uploaded them, and the App Store sent an automated e-mail that I've made it to the next step of review.

Andrusito
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 17, 2013
cordoba
09/18/14 09:00 AM (9 years ago)
Hey guys, I've the same problem. This is the message I get from iTunes: Missing Push Notification Entitlement - Your app appears to include API used to register with the Apple Push Notification service, but the app signature's entitlements do not include the "aps-environment" entitlement. If your app uses the Apple Push Notification service, make sure your App ID is enabled for Push Notification in the Provisioning Portal, and resubmit after signing your app with a Distribution provisioning profile that includes the "aps-environment" entitlement. See "Provisioning and Development" in the Local and Push Notification Programming Guide for more information. If your app does not use the Apple Push Notification service, no action is required. You may remove the API from future submissions to stop this warning. If you use a third-party framework, you may need to contact the developer for information on removing the API. After you’ve corrected the issues, you can use Xcode or Application Loader to upload a new binary to iTunes Connect. ==== I don't understand anything.. My App ID has "Push Notificactions" set to DISABLED. Should I set it to ENABLED? What do I have to do? this is my first time uploading an app to the App Store. I've just followed a video tutorial. Thanks

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.