Discussion Forums  >  App Store Approvals, Thank You's

Replies: 5    Views: 96

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
04/23/14 02:51 AM (10 years ago)

Android App Updated

I recently published the GP Race Fan app. The version in Google Play now is an update to improve stability (especially on Samsung devices) and fix a few more minor bugs - I'd like to thank Susan Metoxen, SmugWimp and Krompa for their feedback and suggestions. I'd be really grateful for anyone downloading it and giving it a tryout, just to confirm it is OK. I'd like to know it is OK on a bigger variety of devices than I have at my disposal. The Android app is free and available here : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gpracefanf Thanks in advance, Alan

krompa
Lost but trying
Reg: Jun 14, 2013
Bristol
04/23/14 05:54 AM (10 years ago)
I would urge developers new and old to take some time to download and test apps for others. Not only will you be helping fellow developers, but it will also inspire new ideas for your own apps. Alan's app showcases a number of BT plug-ins and illustrates just what can be done using Buzztouch. It is one of the best BT apps I have seen.

Caslor
Android Fan
Reg: Jul 26, 2013
athens
04/23/14 07:11 AM (10 years ago)
Hi i just download it and press and one add ;) 1)it is in the old btv2 code... i suggest to make it available in the newer BtV3 code i know that it will run only in android 4 and later devices but from my experience i can tell you that this is not a big problem My app ''Aircooled vw free'' that i upload it before 2 months has almost 700 downloads and only 25 were from devices older than android 4 with btv3 you will get less errors and crases and will have the option the user to close the app and not leave it running and crashing next time it open it ( your app crashed the second time i use it as it was and mine with older code) 2) in some quiz the fonts are cut off from the rows 3) you havent prevent the quiz to work and in landscape so when you open it like that you cant reach the last answers... if you want your quiz to apear in both landscape and portrait you have to add a scroll option in quiz layout (there is inside the forum a post telling how to do it ... ) my phone that i test your app is a Lg optimus 4D 4,7 '' screen also i gave you 5 stars ;)

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Esher, UK
04/23/14 07:41 AM (10 years ago)
Kind words Krompa, thank you.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Esher, UK
04/23/14 07:48 AM (10 years ago)
Hi @Caslor, my first release of the app was on BT 3.0. It worked on everything that is Android 4 and above, except Samsung devices. https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=034E8F173BD2D0E4E8FF71F&sortColumn=FT.id&sortUpDown=DESC&currentPage=1 Sadly I don't have a Samsung device so I built a BT 2.0 version for those users to test, which worked better than BT 3.0 for them. As Samsung is possibly the most popular Android phone out there, I decided on BT 2.0. I'll look into the quiz issues, scrolling would be good. And thanks for the review, much appreciated - cheers.

Caslor
Android Fan
Reg: Jul 26, 2013
athens
04/23/14 08:09 AM (10 years ago)
Btv3 not working in samsung devices? hmmm i will try to find one and test my application to see until know i was in btv2 and so cant tell you about that problem.. will check it

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.