上海
05/03/14 10:09 PM (10 years ago)

My first APP - Classical Museum is approved ^_^

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
05/03/14 11:35 PM (10 years ago)
Really nice looking app, very nicely styled. Colours, images and layout combine to make a very professional effect. I noticed in the App Store there are three versions, a free one in Chinese (I think), a paid one in the same language for £2.99 (uk price) and an English language version at £6.99. I was intrigued by the marketing approach, just wondering why you chose to do it this way and set different prices for the paid versions? Also, it looks like there is a nice looking music player built in. For the music itself, were there any copyright issues that you had to work around? Do you have to pay royalties to anyone?

Skywalker
Apple Fan
Reg: Dec 25, 2013
上海
05/03/14 11:57 PM (10 years ago)
@AlanMac hi, Thanks for your interest in my APP. For the marketing approach, the free ones will be limited version, which means build-in admob ad and no new songs update. the paid ones are no ad and songs updated version. For the copyright issue, I just want to say, the main purpuse of making this app is education, to let People in China or or developing countries to have a good classical music education environment. So, the focus of this app is not the music itself, but the knowledge of the classical music, the knowledge of those great composers and their masterpieces, since nowadays lots of modern people rarely listen to classical music. I hope people to love the classical music the great composers again. Since I am a just a individual developer, not like those big companies, who can buy those copyright of those music, I just choose to use the very old version ones downloaded from the internet,like most other music apps in the APP store. For these two questions, if you have some advices, I am very happy and grateful to hear from you. Regards, Skywalker

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
05/04/14 08:41 AM (10 years ago)
Excellent app! You put a lot of effort into the design and into collecting the artwork and music. You also replaced the refresh arrow on the home screen -- cute! Congratulations! (Now you should relax :-) -- Niraj

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Cerritos
05/04/14 08:45 AM (10 years ago)
Question -- Is is it possible to choose the highlight color of the audio player? (The green color in your case)

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
05/04/14 10:53 AM (10 years ago)
Very nice looking app. As a graphics guy, I'm always impressed by a good visual layout in an app that's pleasing to the eye, and can appreciate the months put in on the BT project, as I just finished a 6 month app project as well. Outstanding job.

Skywalker
Apple Fan
上海
05/04/14 06:28 PM (10 years ago)
@Niraj Thanks for your appreciation, I do remember you help me resolve so many problems during that developing time, thanks so much : ) Actually I once considered to do some personal editing to the Audio stream Player, such as the color, and the text display etc, but the Author charged too high, then I gave up. Now I have to consider to market strategy to let more people know my Classical Museum APP, Do you have some good advices too?

Skywalker
Apple Fan
上海
05/04/14 06:29 PM (10 years ago)
@Angry Thanks for your appreciation : )

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
05/04/14 06:31 PM (10 years ago)
For marketing, a youtube video showing the app in action would be a good way to get the word out.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Cerritos
05/04/14 09:16 PM (10 years ago)
Find blogs and podcasts that specializes and appreciates that Classical Music. Hopefully they have many readers or listeners. Ask those bloggers and podcasters to try the app and to tell their readers and listeners about the app. Make it easy for them by providing two paragraphs and screenshots about the app. Then all they have to do is to copy-paste. Include a promo token to let them download the app for free. Also, let the app be free for next 4-weeks to increase your downloads so that people can tell others about the app. If you get enough downloads, you might get into Apple's Top Lists apps for your category! Flappy music ... :-) -- Niraj

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Cerritos
05/04/14 09:22 PM (10 years ago)
Keep up the good work! Just a had a thought ... You can enhance the app by adding a custom information screen for each Composer by using the Cubbyholes plugin! ( of course, I made that plugin -- I get excited at the possibilities of how people can use it ) Take a look at the screenshots in the announcement to understand what I mean: https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=226B52DB325F5CEE247D0DC -- Niraj

Skywalker
Apple Fan
上海
05/04/14 11:03 PM (10 years ago)
@Niraj The Plugin looks fantastic, I will try it in the next version. Thanks ^_^

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.