Discussion Forums  >  Buzztouch News and Announcements

Replies: 13    Views: 160

mrDavid
BTMods.com
Reg: May 21, 2011
San Diego, CA
02/16/14 07:02 PM (10 years ago)

Announcement: The new BTMods is coming soon!

Hi guys, Sorry I havent posted much since BT30 or Buzzday San Diego. I did want to make a nice announcement regarding BTMods - it's coming back with a bang! Here is what is new, but is still getting worked on. ETA is a month, even though most of it has been finished, lots of bugs and code still to be written. The good news is I have nothing but time these days (to do what I want, lol!) Check it out: ----------------- / SITE REDESIGN / ----------------- The site is the same and is not the same, I redesigned it to be more friendly, beautiful, cleaner, and easier to submit too. It's really emphasizing downloads and tweaks now like from BT30, so check that out, really cool. https://buzztouchmods.com/images/design_01.png ------------------------------- / 3.0 DOCUMENTATION & MORE / ------------------------------- We've now added a dedicated section for buzztouch documentation. This section includes 2.0 documentation and brand new documentation for the buzztouch 3.0 core and 3.0 self hosted core - including free and paid plugins. It's still modest, but we're adding more every day, and you can contribute too if you would like! You'll love how it's organized and how easy it is to find things, and I think you'll already find extreme usefulness of what's already there. https://buzztouchmods.com/images/design_02.png Big thanks to SmugWimp for taking this project on with me, and all the others who are contributing to the documentation of 3.0. (INTERESTED IN CONTRIBUTING DOCUMENTATION? EMAIL ME) [email protected] --------------------------- / HIRE BUZZTOUCH USERS / --------------------------- The site now lets you pick out different BT users who are available for hire. Use the drop down, choose a name (like chris1, psmdanny, etc) and you will see their skills, what they will do, what prices they offer for the job, and a button to pay and hire them. https://buzztouchmods.com/images/design_03.png (INTERESTED IN HAVING YOUR OWN HIRE ME PAGE? EMAIL ME) [email protected] --------------------------------------- / CREATE SELF HOSTED AUTOMATICALLY / --------------------------------------- The site now lets you create a self hosted server - automatically - within seconds, for free. Simply enter a server name, click go, and you now are self hosted. You will need to enter an API key, but the site does the rest for you. https://buzztouchmods.com/images/design_04.png -------------------------- / USER FRIENDLY LINKS / -------------------------- The site will now place the download/tweak/guide title in the link, so now you can post links on buzztouch forums and people will see automatically what it is from the link, example: https://buzztouchmods.com/Download-56-Scringo-Chat-Rooms-for-Tabbed-Apps.html ------------- / BUZZCHAT / ------------- Buzztouch Mods now offers a online chatroom inside your browser, no downloads needed, just load the URL and chat. Some poeple might be there to help you live, or you can just chat with whoever is there for fun... it would be really appreciated to me if you have time to just idle there and chat if you can. I will be there every day.. (no screenshot available just yet, still working on the design) ---------------- / THANK YOU! / ---------------- Thank you to all who helped with these changes and supported me throughout the re-design. I really hope that these new features and changes will be used and help buzztouch users. Please expect them soon, but at least a month from now. Now that I have all the time in the world... I plan on taking on buzztouchmods on as my "full time job" - expect much much more! Cheers to all! David

Jake Chasan
Veteran developer
Reg: May 13, 2011
location unknow...
02/16/14 07:12 PM (10 years ago)
Very cool. Thanks for sharing. The new redesign gives a refresh to a very resourceful site. Jake

Uelsimon
Lost but trying
Reg: Mar 25, 2012
NYC
02/16/14 07:13 PM (10 years ago)
Wow.. looking forward to digging in. Great stuff DVB

0z2000tv
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 10, 2011
Nashville
02/16/14 08:53 PM (10 years ago)
Sounds exciting. Good luck David. Mike

EdReyes
Lost but trying
Reg: Oct 21, 2013
location unknow...
02/16/14 10:26 PM (10 years ago)
Looking forward to it.

EdReyes
Lost but trying
location unknow...
02/17/14 03:11 AM (10 years ago)
Curious MrDavid about the HIRE BUZZTOUCH USERS, how much does the house take for the listing and booking? Will it be a self administered booking profile? Glad you found a great way to occupy your time nowadays. Thanks Ed

mysps
Code is Art
Reg: May 14, 2011
Palma
02/17/14 03:14 AM (10 years ago)
Looks very nice David! Good luck finishing it. -Sil

ATRAIN53
Code is Art
Reg: Nov 17, 2011
Chicago
02/17/14 07:29 AM (10 years ago)
Excellent. The Buzz Chat sounds like fun! Free Self Hosting too? I’m interested in that secret of having all that time – can I borrow some? Maybe you guys need to have some BuzzKids out there to mod…

Derval
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 20, 2012
Milan
02/17/14 03:13 PM (10 years ago)
Geez... Is there no end to your productivity @Mr. David?!! You put the rest of us to shame!

EdReyes
Lost but trying
location unknow...
02/17/14 03:27 PM (10 years ago)
I second & third what Dervalo said. Keep it up!

mrDavid
BTMods.com
San Diego, CA
02/24/14 08:08 PM (10 years ago)
Thank you all! We're almost good to go..

feraco
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 23, 2012
nyc
03/01/14 08:28 AM (10 years ago)
How can I access my btmods old server i cant access it?

mrDavid
BTMods.com
San Diego, CA
03/01/14 08:49 AM (10 years ago)
Hi Fred, I'm on the road but I'm checking it for you right now, in the future please don't send more than four emails within five minutes (emails, posts in my threads, appointment requests) because that's not going to make things go faster (it actually slows things down!) I understand your frustration, and we 'll get this fixed buddy. Please don't post in this thread or my other threads in the future for support, I get emails from you just like thread replies! so it makes no difference other then to make threads go off-topic! Thank you!

feraco
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 23, 2012
nyc
03/01/14 08:51 AM (10 years ago)
Got it sorry about that.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.