Discussion Forums  >  WebViews and HTML for Mobile

Replies: 4    Views: 96

kieunkim
Aspiring developer
Reg: May 30, 2012
Los Angeles
03/21/13 05:27 PM (11 years ago)

Custom URL page hanging...

Hi, complete newbie here. I'm trying to create an app that goes to some popular blogs, and on some of them I am having it go directly to the website using the "custom URL" plugin because that site's been optimized for mobile view already. However, after I get the source code and compile it on Eclipse for the Android, then install it on my Galaxy 3S to test, the site loads but then hangs and the app freezes. I get the circular "loading" animation in the middle of the screen, but after letting it load for 20 minutes the app is still frozen and I have to press the home button on the phone to completely get out of the app. Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
03/21/13 05:34 PM (11 years ago)
Ah yes. The ol' 'spinning wheel of death'. I don't know if that's a plugin issue, or an issue with Android, although I lean towards the latter. There are just some sites that don't work well with that plugin. It all works magnificently on iOS. When I ran into that trouble, I finally found a way to allow a user to back out of it... https://dl.dropbox.com/u/115208762/WheelOfDeathFix.png But in the end, I just used an HTML Doc plugin and set it NOT to cache the page... Cheers! -- Smug

jvalley
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 16, 2013
Green Bay,Wi
03/21/13 06:01 PM (11 years ago)
Try the native app plugin ...I found when a URL hung with the custom URL plugin ..I just used the native app one and used the URL and it worked fine

kieunkim
Aspiring developer
Reg: May 30, 2012
Los Angeles
03/25/13 09:18 AM (11 years ago)
Hey thanks guys! I'm going to try this today! -- Kieun

feraco
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 23, 2012
nyc
08/12/13 07:49 AM (10 years ago)
I have a facebook wheel of death problem. I integrated scringo 2.3.1 on android. The app opens and works great. When I log into facebook on a device that has the facebook app the scringo integrated app screen continues to load and nothing happens it just keeps loading. If I log in to facebook on the scringo integrated app that does not have facebook app, facebook loads fine. I need help fixing this. It seems like it could be a simple fix.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.