Discussion Forums  >  Introduce Yourself

Replies: 6    Views: 145

mrDavid
BTMods.com
Reg: May 21, 2011
San Diego, CA
02/20/14 01:17 AM (10 years ago)

BTMods Chatroom - SNEAK PREVIEW!

Hi folks, Here's a sneak preview of the live chat that's coming to btmods. http://postimg.org/image/uz8mphypf/full/ Mainly used to chat with other BT members live. You can idle in the chat, come back to it later, chat with other members, send private message chats and chat privately live. Useful for many many situations. Private "buzz rooms" could be made for groups and so on. :-) If anyone is interested in beta testing the chat with a few others... let me know here, I'll get you access and you can chat away and test new features. It's super fun so far! I'm going to be pushing this hard, I hope to add to the way the community interacts with each other, loading up a super quick webpage and being able to chat with other members & friends live instantly without sharing contact information - super cool, super useful, and most of all, fun. Cheers, and again, let me know if you want in! David

ictguy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 17, 2011
Mildura, Austra...
02/20/14 01:22 AM (10 years ago)
Almost like hanging out in IRC ... I think that's a great idea. Looking forward to it :)

mrDavid
BTMods.com
San Diego, CA
02/20/14 01:28 AM (10 years ago)
Funny you mention that yup. It's like IRC, only much much more user friendly, login/register/guest takes two seconds, and it's all customized for buzztouch. Let me know if you want early access. Cheers! :-) David

EdReyes
Lost but trying
Reg: Oct 21, 2013
location unknow...
02/20/14 01:35 AM (10 years ago)
Cool MrDavid, here's a contribution. For my social networking sites and for the purpose of community building, my chat application of choice is http://cometchat.com platinum edition. My clients love the multitude of features and compatibility with anything built with php. How easy it is to implement as well. Check it out, I think it will be a great addition to your site. Ed

mrDavid
BTMods.com
San Diego, CA
02/20/14 01:37 AM (10 years ago)
Hi Ed, I sworn I've seen this, although it's definitely feature packed, it a little too much, and too much like facebook. I think I prefer a clean, simple, "chat box", that I can add on to that looks less commercial. Does that make sense at all? I'm a picky guy. But thanks for the suggestion, I hope to see you there! David

EdReyes
Lost but trying
Reg: Oct 21, 2013
location unknow...
02/20/14 01:42 AM (10 years ago)
Gothca, understand. I think my clients like features like inchat file transfers and online collaboration tools, but just like most things simpler is better

ATRAIN53
Code is Art
Reg: Nov 17, 2011
Chicago
02/20/14 07:45 AM (10 years ago)
Very nice, love the simple interface, definate IRC feel which rocks. How does it look on mobile devices? Is this XMPP/jabber based? Quick and easy registration sans FB/Twitter is way better for casual stuff like this. Looks like a great place to burn some time, a feature and a way to communicate that is long overdue for BT users! Send me some details!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.