Discussion Forums  >  Introduce Yourself

Replies: 1    Views: 84

henneATB
I hate code!
Reg: Mar 30, 2014
Berlin
03/30/14 04:39 PM (10 years ago)

possible with buzztouch ? musicplayer with audiotracks which are pined to gps locations

HI, I would like to create app, a "simple" musicplayer with audiotracks which are pined to gps locations. We are creating a video installation in public space during a festival.In total we have 14projectors in different locations all over the city. It would be nice to have an app, that people could walk with there headphones through the city and always at the site of our installation the sound fades in. I think this is what it needs to do : -Music player -Audiotracks need to be synced with a timeserver in the begining( same that will be used to sync all videos) - Audiotracks are assigned to GPS locations (places of our video installations), coming near to the location will fade in the music (defining the range) - not being near any location will switch on a city soundtrack - music needs to be downloaded before from a webserver, sync if possible beforehand (many of the visitors will have no mobile internet, only gps) So my question : Is it possible to program this with buzztouch? or anyone that could help programming this? ? from Berlin h

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
03/30/14 05:00 PM (10 years ago)
Welcome to Buzztouch! Pretty much all of it is doable. The only possible 'hiccup' would be the audio syncronization with your timecode generator, or whatever you're using to sync the videos. I'm not entirely sure how to go about that. Otherwise, any developer should be able to assist you with the other parts. You might want to look into 'offline' maps as well, if your users won't have data access… so you can allow them the ability to be guided without the need for a signal. I've written a couple of tutorials on that and they're available in the how to section of the site. Good Luck! Sounds like a fun and adventurous project! Cheers! -- Smug

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.