Discussion Forums  >  Introduce Yourself

Replies: 10    Views: 109

Dazzahh
I hate code!
Reg: Apr 06, 2014
Singapore
04/12/14 09:28 AM (10 years ago)

Hello, I just signed up as a New Member

Hi Everyone, I just signed up as a new member and I like what i see so far. I have no coding experience whatsoever, but i really want to get into building and designing apps. After around 1 week of research across most of the non coding app builder sites I stumbled across Buzztouch and like the concept, it seems a bit more technical than some of the drag and drop sites but I'm willing to learn as I think buzztouch has much more depth than some of these sites. . I am trying to build an app as practice for the football team that i play for so i can get a feel for it. Once i get a bit more experienced and familiar with buzztouch i intend to buy a lot of the plugins and start making some more complex apps. Does anyone know how much time it will take to get advanced on here? Anyone with a similar background? How long did it take you to learn? Does anyone have any tips for me to get up and running ASAP? I appreciate any advice anyone can give me, Thanks Dazzahh

LocoLopez
Code is Art
Reg: Jan 12, 2012
Orlando
04/12/14 10:21 AM (10 years ago)
Hello Dazzahh, Let me be the first one to Welcome you to the Buzztouch Family. To be honest with you mostly everyone in the family had no coding background and where totally oblivious to xcode. I really recommend that you take some of the tutorial that we have available, they are really helpful. It took me like a whole week to learn enough to start on my first basic app. and trust me after you do the first one you gonna be hooked and you gonna learn what to do & not to do. If you start today I would say it would take you around 2 weeks to have everything done. and remember if you get stuck just ask in the forum and we really gonna help you out. like I said we are a very close family, and every member can agree with me on that. Welcome, Carlos Lopez

KozmoWeb
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 08, 2012
Sarasota, FL
04/12/14 10:42 AM (10 years ago)
Welcome @Dazzahh! You'll find the community here great and always available to help. Make sure you go through the BuzztouchU exercises. I found them really helpful when I got started. It's hard to say how long it will take to get going, but I agree with @LocoLopez that if you stick with it for 2 weeks, you'll have a solid foundation and begin to really know what you don't know so you can customize your learning to where you need it most. I've focused on Apple iOS here and it took me about 3 months to go from signing up here, getting my idea in order, building my first app and then getting the app in the iTunes app store. And a bunch of that time was learning the details of what Apple requires of developers. Of course your experience will be your own depending on your background and goals, but there people here are great. You'll begin to recognize the names pretty quick! Good luck! Can't wait to see your first app! -William

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
04/12/14 11:05 AM (10 years ago)
Grab several sheets of paper, then use this to get started with BuzzTouch: http://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=47D35231F571EE9A1AB0660 -- Niraj

Dazzahh
I hate code!
Reg: Apr 06, 2014
Singapore
04/12/14 11:09 AM (10 years ago)
Thanks Guys This is very helpful, I'm hooked already :-) i have got as far as doing simple menus with content and changing colours etc and then opening up the simulator in Xcode, (Xcode is a little intimidating but i think there is some good content in the tutorials) im a little bit stuck with adding pictures and images at the moment, i have been trying without success so far but ill keep playing around I'm sure it cant be that difficult. Thanks for commenting and the advice, ill be sure to keep you all updated. I look forward to presenting an amazing app at some point soon ;-) Thanks Dazzahh

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
04/12/14 12:07 PM (10 years ago)
If using images, be sure to upload them into BuzzTouch control panel, into the Files section. Then in a particular Screen's control panel, reference the images via URL or by Filename.

allandriggers
Apple Fan
Reg: Dec 13, 2012
Knoxville, TN
04/12/14 01:18 PM (10 years ago)
Welcome aboard Dazzahh. You will find a lot of people on BuzzTouch that will help u reach your goals. Allan

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
04/12/14 01:33 PM (10 years ago)
Welcome to Buzztouch! For Android, from zero to hero takes about one month, from getting a free membership here to having a published app on the Google Play store. For Apple, things may be a bit more difficult, but in the end it all pays out. Making apps is fun, fun, fun... create one or two and then create many more!

Arubaman
Aspiring developer
Reg: Oct 20, 2011
Akron
04/12/14 01:49 PM (10 years ago)
Good luck, and Welcome.

mobi
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 23, 2014
NY
04/13/14 07:54 AM (10 years ago)
Dazzahh, like you im a new member. I did the same, looked at a lot of sites, saw a lot of drag and drop type ones, but BT seemed the best for me as I wanted to really learn whats going on. The short time I been here, I can say that you are going to find some outstanding people who will help when you get stuck. There's lots of information and tutorials. Good luck and welcome to BT

mooncelt
Aspiring developer
Reg: Nov 16, 2013
Lubbock, TX
04/20/14 01:51 PM (10 years ago)
Welcome, welcome!!! I do recommend getting some facetime (or chat time) with the folks here, if you get a chance, don't be shy about horning in on a chat, and ask anything that you want to ask. Also, if you ever EVER get a chance to attend a BuzzDay or even BuzzCon this weekend, do whatever you can to get there! Meeting up with these folks is an AMAZING experience, no matter how dorky or inexperienced you feel, they will sit down and LOOK at your app with you in X-Code and point out what you can do better! Don't be afraid to ask a question on the Forums, or participate, or share your successes. The whole BuzzTouch experience/strategy is about helping one another... Enjoy!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.