Discussion Forums  >  Status Bar, Navigation Bar

Replies: 4    Views: 79

Ag-Chieve
Lost but trying
Reg: Apr 16, 2012
Winnipeg
06/11/12 09:02 AM (12 years ago)

Font size in simple list menu switches almost at random

Hi, I've noticed that sometimes if I make changes to my app (usually adding screens), the font size on all my simple list menus will change to be about twice the size I have them set at even though I don't do anything to change it. But then they will eventually switch back without me doing anything. It almost seems to happen at random. I'm using BT 2.0 and I have the font size set to 20 for a small device and 30 for a large device. The rest of the options (row height, etc.) are blank (because I don't really understand what the numbers correspond to). I've observed this happening in Android, which is primarily what I test my app on and I'm not sure if iOS is affected the same way or not. This is only sort of a half-problem because it has always fixed itself but I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if there is a way to prevent it from happening? Thanks.

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
06/25/12 03:20 AM (12 years ago)
Never heard of this before. Could it be that you're testing on Android on different device or resolutions? It's possible that different devices (screen sizes) are showing the font different. There is no reason this should change randomly. Could it be that you're making changes to the screen or app theme and not knowing it?

Ag-Chieve
Lost but trying
Winnipeg
06/27/12 11:14 AM (12 years ago)
Hi Dave, Thanks for the reply. I've only been testing on my Samsung Galaxy S 2 for Android. It seems to jump when I've made other changes to the app. I'm constantly going in and changing screens and stuff as I tinker with it but I don't bother touching the theme or simple list pages now. During some changes I was making, it jumped to twice its normal size again and has yet to go back to normal. It'll probably snap back some time this week like it usually does. I've put it at the bottom of my list of app related things to work on for now. I'll have a look at it again in the future.

Ag-Chieve
Lost but trying
Winnipeg
06/28/12 07:06 AM (12 years ago)
Hey Dave, it just happened again. I'll give you the exact situation. The only change I made to the app just a second ago was to allow one of the custom url pages to show the launch in native browser button. When I restarted the app, my simple menu fonts had all doubled in size. This drives me bonkers. It seems that if I go back to my simple home menu screen and re-save the font size part of it that seems to switch it back to normal.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
10/26/12 06:28 AM (11 years ago)
I have seen this too. It seems that my app occasionally seems to think my humble android device is tablet sized and picks the large screen options. I don't know what makes it do this but if I delete the app from my device and re-install, that usually makes things settle down.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.