Discussion Forums  >  Suggestions, Ideas, Wish List

Replies: 3    Views: 62

richardemery839
Aspiring developer
Reg: May 15, 2013
Bangkok
05/29/14 11:37 PM (10 years ago)

Spa therapist availability

I have some friends who own a spa chain in Pattaya and I have been thinking about an app for them. There biggest requirement is this. They have about 10 spa's and each has its own team of therapists. But due to geography and time of day some have a queue down the road whilst others are empty. If I (or a customer) could click on a branch on a map and see availability then that customer would, perhaps, go to the other branch instead of waiting in the queue. Any suggestions?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
05/30/14 04:09 AM (10 years ago)
Regardless of what method you take, it really comes down to communication between locations. Whether they talk to each other, or talk to central booking, or however it can work, someone needs to know when each location is busy and when each location is at a lull... Then they should publish the data in some mobile friendly format of your design... From that, you can publish a Location Map with different colored pins (red/green) to indicate availability, or have some other type of plugin available to display the data in whatever form you desire. If you keep this data, over time the statistics will be invaluable to other business decisions. You'll be able to track all kinds of stats. But again, the success or failure of the methodology is dependant on the timely updating of data. Just my two cents. It could be worth less. :) Cheers! -- Smug

TatorTot
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 25, 2013
Iowa
05/30/14 05:40 AM (10 years ago)
I was going to suggest it would be awesome if you used a location map with a few different colored pins!! Smug beat me to it.... of course like he mentioned it will rely heavily on if it is updated in a timely manner.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
05/30/14 12:21 PM (10 years ago)
Central booking or central queue status is very important as stated by Smug. Next step is where to keep all that data ... Start simple, start with Google Doc Spreadsheet with one worksheet or file for each location. Then use the BT Custom URL Plugin to makes Queue screens for each location. As Smug and TaterTot have said, the Map pins can then point to the Location info screen (BuzzTouch plugins: Ultimate Screen Creator or Cubbyholes or HTML) and it's Queue screen (Google Doc). You can do it, Richard! :-) Let us know when that fabulous app is released! -- Niraj

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.