Discussion Forums  >  Maps, Device Location, Tracking

Replies: 4    Views: 71

WebNevees
Code is Art
Reg: Oct 28, 2012
KL
02/13/13 04:55 AM (11 years ago)

GPS Settings crash on settingsLocation

I am experiencing crashes due to my gps settings screen. What can I do? I have seen one other buzztoucher having the same issue here: https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=F60CF476A7630AB0C82F78A&command=isSearching&currentPage=1&topicTitle=settings&createdBy=&repliedBy=&minViews=-1&maxViews=-1&minReplies=-1&maxReplies=-1&forumCategory= But no followup... My problem is almost exactly the same. Can I just not use the screen and submit to apple or is it a must if I am using maps with user location? I'm afraid reviewers might not like the crashing!

andydahl
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jul 20, 2011
Villa Grove
02/13/13 07:39 AM (11 years ago)
Just to be clear on this: Several apps have been approved even though they included this screen. "Michigan Football Trivia" by MGoBlue (JC Evans) for one. I believe if this is noticed it's a problem for the reviewer and likely to get your app rejected. However it's obviously not always noticed. The screen seems to work, though. You just can't change permissions and then immediately change them back without the app crashing. For approval, I change the app to not track location and leave this screen out. After approval, I can always change the default to ask permission to track, and add this screen in so the user can turn off tracking. Andy

WebNevees
Code is Art
KL
02/14/13 05:19 AM (11 years ago)
Oh, thanks Andy. This was what I needed. So I'll probably take the same route. I just submitted last night though and I removed the settings screen. Hope there is no problem for the review.

LevensGardener
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 30, 2012
Kendal
02/14/13 08:51 AM (11 years ago)
It crashes for me too, if you touch this screen more than once! It would be nice to have a real fix...

WebNevees
Code is Art
KL
02/14/13 11:11 PM (11 years ago)
Oh, thanks Andy. This was what I needed. So I'll probably take the same route. I just submitted last night though and I removed the settings screen. Hope there is no problem for the review.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.