Discussion Forums  >  Images, Documents, File Locations

Replies: 5    Views: 82

Nate Gration
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jul 05, 2013
Sydney
07/10/13 11:44 PM (11 years ago)

Power points / Images / Plain Text Question

Hey guys, So I'm loving building and just cruising along, things are running smoothly. The only snag I've come across is putting up a power point file. I'm sure it is just something I'm doing or missing. I've uploaded the document, put it on the page that I want it on. Downloaded my project to test it etc. However, it doesn't appear. it comes up with a message saying, "could not download please check your internet." And the same thing happens with the Plain Text/HTML plugin one. So I'm pretty certain it is something wrong that I'm doing. Any assistance or suggestions would be very appreciated. Thanks guys. Nate

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
07/11/13 12:02 AM (11 years ago)
Hi Nate, Glad to hear that you're enjoying building an app using Buzztouch! If you are uploading the PowerPoint to the File Manager in your control panel, it won't quite work. The File Manager is simply a place to keep your media organized. What you want to do is either put the file online somewhere, and reference it via a URL, or include it with the app, and reference it via the file name. If you include it in-app, it should go in the BT_Docs folder. If using Xcode, you'll also need to drag it into your Xcode project, and for Eclipse, do an F5 to refresh your project and pick up the change. Remember to not use any strange characters in your filename. Going with an a_z0_9 naming convention always works best. Hope this helps! Mark

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
07/11/13 12:25 AM (11 years ago)
What he said. ;) Cheers! -- Smug

Nate Gration
Aspiring developer
Sydney
07/11/13 12:55 AM (11 years ago)
Awesome, thanks guys. I think it was the file name problem, I'll try a few things out. Thanks for the help.

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
07/11/13 01:55 AM (11 years ago)
The file manager can actually work - you just need to make sure you get the URL to the file there. Simply selecting it will often give just the name. Also you need to put it in the dataURL box, not the fileName box. That is, of course, unless you drag the file into Xcode/Eclipse/Android Studio.

Nate Gration
Aspiring developer
Sydney
07/11/13 02:09 AM (11 years ago)
Sweet, Thanks Chris1

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.