Discussion Forums  >  WebViews and HTML for Mobile

Replies: 3    Views: 998

MobiGeni
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 09, 2013
Akersloot
02/15/13 08:48 AM (11 years ago)

Webview loading blog with Youtube Embed code not working

Hi, I've submitted my first iOS App using Buzztouch. It's using the webview for loading my Formula 1 Video blog at http://www.f1gplive.com and shows the wptouch pro plugin. But when playing the videos, I get a black screen and only hear the audio. When I use the normal android browser and go to my website the videos are working fine. I tried everything. android:hardwareAccelerated <activity android:name=".BT_screen_customURL" android:label="@string/app_name" android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation" android:hardwareAccelerated="true"></activity> <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE" /> <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="11"/> webView = (WebView) thisScreensView.findViewById(R.id.webView); webView.setBackgroundColor(0); webView.setInitialScale(0); webView.getSettings().setJavaScriptEnabled(true); webView.getSettings().setSupportZoom(true); webView.getSettings().setBuiltInZoomControls(true); webView.getSettings().setPluginsEnabled(true); webView.getSettings().setAllowFileAccess(true); webView.setPictureListener(new MyPictureListener()); webView.setWebChromeClient(new WebChromeClient()); //webView.getSettings().setUserAgentString("Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/534.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/13.0.766.0 Safari/534.36"); webView.setWebViewClient(new WebViewClient(){ Youtube Embed code (the old youtube code, with object) and the new iFrame code, none of the work. Is any way to make this work, the app really depends on the webview with the embedded videos, cause my iOS app is using the same blog content Thanks Vidal

ianJamesPiano
Code is Art
Reg: Feb 13, 2011
Palm Springs, C...
02/15/13 05:29 PM (11 years ago)
HI Vidal, Maybe this new Android Youtube plugin will work for you? https://www.buzztouch.com/plugins/plugin.php?pid=30E309BA797C29134B94872 Android can be a real pain with what you are trying to do. I will keep you posted if I find a fix:) ian

MobiGeni
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 09, 2013
Akersloot
02/16/13 12:59 AM (11 years ago)
Hi Ian, for my next app for I will use the Android Video plugin. But with this project I just need to view the embedded youtube video in a webview. My iOS and Android will be using the same WebApp pages. I also played around with titanium, but loading a webpage with embedded youtube in a webview always shows a black youtube screen, but I hear the audio playing. I've searched google for days https://www.google.nl/search?q=webview+android+youtube+black+screen about 40.000 results with no solution... I really hope there is a workaround. Thanks Vidal

DannyH
Apple Fan
Reg: Nov 30, 2011
location unknow...
11/02/13 10:44 PM (10 years ago)
didnt find one as well. Once the play button is pressed, the youtube videos doest load. Even if I embed youtube.com (via custom url), i can browse the page but no video plays. Nobody succeeded to make it work ?

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.