Discussion Forums  >  WebViews and HTML for Mobile

Replies: 3    Views: 73

bizhub
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 24, 2012
Queensland, Aus...
03/18/13 03:39 PM (11 years ago)

Custom HTML Form Width error

Hi, I have created a JotForm and it displays fine browsing the url on my iphone: http://form.jotform.co/form/30766998761877 However, when I paste the source code into the Custom HTML/Web Screen, the correct width is not retained when the same form is displayed. The form is displayed with approx 3 times the original width, which makes the form fields look very small on the device. Any ideas what html source code to add to retain the original width when adding the form source code to the Custom HTML screen? Thanks!

ictguy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 17, 2011
Mildura, Austra...
03/19/13 03:49 AM (11 years ago)
@bizhub, I normally make sure that this HTML Meta tag is in the <head> of the HTML document. <meta content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1" name="viewport" /> But it appears that you already have it when I view the source of the page you linked to. Got it! I think what you need to do is to drop the URL into a "Custom URL" screen not the "Custom HTML" screen. Give it a go and see if it works. cheers Darrel

bizhub
Aspiring developer
Queensland, Aus...
03/19/13 04:15 AM (11 years ago)
Perfect advice Darrel! Dropping the URL into the 'Custom URL' worked perfectly, this plugin displayed my form correctly! Thank you:-) Cheers, Leif.

bizhub
Aspiring developer
Queensland, Aus...
03/19/13 01:24 PM (11 years ago)
Perfect advice Darrel! Dropping the URL into the 'Custom URL' worked perfectly, this plugin displayed my form correctly! Thank you:-) Cheers, Leif.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.