Discussion Forums  >  Status Bar, Navigation Bar

Replies: 5    Views: 113

T.E.C.
Apple Fan
Reg: Feb 19, 2012
location unknow...
04/03/12 07:06 PM (12 years ago)

Home tab behaves like a back button instead

Hiya, I've had this problem since the beginning & can't seem to find a way around it. I have a Tabbed Layout, with 4 tabs that call up 3 button menus & the search screen. The first tab I've called 'home' & connected it to the home screen nicknamed 'Main Menu'in my app. However, when tapped, it just behaves like a 'back' button & returns the user to the previous screen they have visited, which is not always the main menu. Any help would be greatly appreciated! btw, here's the app live - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/elections-tas/id507361468?ls=1&mt=8 Thanx in advance ;] Wendy

Tony @ Buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Mar 05, 2011
Saint Louis, Mi...
04/04/12 05:55 AM (12 years ago)
Wendy I just got the app to test and everything seems fine? The home screen returns to the main menu everytime. Just thought you should know. Nice work by the way. I like the expanding tabs! See ya

T.E.C.
Apple Fan
location unknow...
04/04/12 08:09 AM (12 years ago)
ooops, I forgot to mention this important point - the home tab seems to behave as a 'back' button when using the tabs to navigate, not the button menus.... eg: use tab to Leg Council Election menu, & hit 'who votes' button, then hit the home tab, & it'll take you back to the Leg Council Election menu, not the Main menu... Thanks for the positive feedback @ Magic_Man:]

theGreek
Aspiring developer
Reg: May 25, 2011
Schaumburg, IL
04/04/12 11:28 AM (12 years ago)
Which Verion are u using? v1.4, v1.5 or Server 2.1 ?? IOS Only I assume... Oh by the way.... The first screenshot you use on Itunes... Is that real screenshot or a mockup of a screen. Tab looks differant and the page curl is nice...

T.E.C.
Apple Fan
location unknow...
04/04/12 09:52 PM (12 years ago)
sorry, v1.5 iOS. Good pickup on the screenshots - I have clearly used some older iphone screenshots, how embarrassing!! & yes, it is a real screen shot, my splash page has a curl up transition & when taking the screenshot, if you're lucky, you can actually capture this animation ( the ipad one is even groovier!)

Tony @ Buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Mar 05, 2011
Saint Louis, Mi...
04/04/12 10:18 PM (12 years ago)
I like the tabbed layout so much I just changed mine! Everything is running fine and I have v1.5 just fyi

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.