Discussion Forums  >  Uncategorized

Replies: 3    Views: 129

koopakid08
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 14, 2011
earth
02/08/12 08:41 PM (12 years ago)

How to set up Xcode for signing apps?

Ok, I am a complete iOS noob here. I have successfully compiled many Android apps but I signed up for an Apple Dev account a few days ago and I am at a loss at how to set up Xcode for signing. I can get the project to load and run on the simulator but that is about it. I looked at the FAQ and didn't find anything. Please help me out. I would be very grateful.

koopakid08
Aspiring developer
earth
02/08/12 08:44 PM (12 years ago)
It might also be worth mentioning that the Mac I am using is not my Mac but one at work that has Lion and the latest Xcode installed already. I don't know if that will change how I set it up. I'm too poor right now to buy a Mac but hopefully I'll be able to make enough from selling a few apps that I will be able to buy one soon.

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
02/08/12 10:34 PM (12 years ago)
Hi, see this from the Help and Resources page ;-) http://www.weston-fl.com/blog/?p=2442

koopakid08
Aspiring developer
earth
02/09/12 09:06 PM (12 years ago)
Yes I saw that but what I'm not understanding it part 1: 1. iOS Provisioning Portal and iTunes Connect is the same. I assume you have downloaded the distribution .mobileprovision file and added to your project, and you have prepared your new app at iTunes Connect as well (i.e. your iTunes AppStore account is waiting for the app to be uploaded). It assumes that you know what that is and what they are talking about.... I know it is probably really easy and I am being a complete idiot.... but could you explain that part to me a little more?

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.