Discussion Forums  >  Uncategorized

Replies: 2    Views: 204

AppNita
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 12, 2012
India
02/08/12 11:58 PM (12 years ago)

Could I create an app which displays customtext read from a database

I have created couple of apps for android using version 1.4 on a windows machine where I have entered the data statically. Is there a way that the data is updated dynamically by reading data from a database or file. I.e. when the data changes a push notification would be sent to the app and then the app would reload the data. I do not want to manually login to buzztouch and change the app options but would like the app to read the data from a database. Is this possible using Buzztouch?

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
02/09/12 12:24 AM (12 years ago)
Hi @AppNita, Welcome to buzztouch! You certainly can do what you are trying to accomplish, but it'll require a bit more programming than just using the standard stuff from the control panel. Sending data from a database is pretty standard stuff...a PHP script run against a mySQL database when the screen loads is the traditional (meaning, more widely popular) method. You could also set up a Google Spreadsheets site and extract data from that. Lots of ways to accomplish this part of your question. As far as push notification when the database is updated...that I'm not sure of. Lots of people here are using Urban Airship for push notifications...that would be a good place to start looking. I'd be interested in a solution if you find it! Thanks, Mark

AppNita
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 12, 2012
India
02/09/12 12:30 AM (12 years ago)
Thanks Mark, I will check that out

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.