stevek
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 24, 2011
great neck
10/23/15 06:01 PM (8 years ago)

Launch Files

Looking at apple's requirements for icons and such. They say a Launch File or image is required and give the sizes for them. I have no idea where these images go. I see no place to put them in the developer site. Do they go in BT_Images? Please advise. Thanks

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
10/23/15 08:27 PM (8 years ago)
Launch images are located in your Xcode project in a directory called 'images.xcassets', along with your app icons. Cheers! -- Smug

stevek
Aspiring developer
great neck
10/24/15 06:40 AM (8 years ago)
Thanks, Smug. I see Buzztouch has already put images there so I'm not touching anything. I've put in a splash screen and that seems to work with it too so all seems ok.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Tamuning, GU
10/25/15 05:59 PM (8 years ago)
I usually replace mine with custom images that include my company logo... But either way 'by default' you're usually covered. Cheers! -- Smug

stevek
Aspiring developer
great neck
10/25/15 06:21 PM (8 years ago)
Smug, I'll ask you what I've asked in another thread. I understand about adding images to replace the standard black ones provided by BT in images.xcassetts. I'm to put these images in the launch images folder and reference them in xcode's target section, general, app icons and launch images section. But in that section it also asks for a "launch image file". What gets put there? The choices in pop up menu are all .xib files which I know nothing of and when I preview them show nothing I would want on a launch image. I do t understand difference between the launch images folder which contains the different screens and this launch image file. Can you explain? Thanks. Steve

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Tamuning, GU
10/25/15 07:52 PM (8 years ago)
I leave the 'Launch Screen File' blank; I don't use one. If you 'did' want to use one, you would go create a new Xib file (new file > User Interface > Launch Screen) and dress it up however you desired, using familiar interface builder components, like any other xib file. After it was created, you would select it from the drop down (in Target -> General) Because I don't use one, I'm not sure if it's an 'either/or' or 'complementary' element. I sometimes use 'Asset Catalog Creator' to create my launch screens. Cheers! -- Smug

stevek
Aspiring developer
great neck
10/25/15 08:24 PM (8 years ago)
Thanks. I blanked it out and all is fine. I then added launch screens and everything works as it should except, as I mention in another post, there is a short lag from the launch screen launching to the home screen where a white screen shows up for a second or two. Any ideas about that?

stevek
Aspiring developer
great neck
10/25/15 08:25 PM (8 years ago)
Never mind, see your answer elsewhere.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.