Discussion Forums  >  App Store Approvals, Thank You's

Replies: 10    Views: 102

GraciousWolf_PE
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 15, 2012
Montreal
01/22/14 11:05 PM (10 years ago)

IceBreaker Games for Android!

My newest iOS app, IceBreaker Games (released on January 18th) is now available on Android! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.icebreakersgames It's true what David Book said, if you can master Android development (i.e. Eclipse), you could develop for iOS (i.e. Xcode) while juggling. Something along those lines, anyways. Thankfully, this was the 5th iOS app that I was trying to port to Android, so I managed to avoid some of the pitfalls and obstacles that hindered me the first time around. ;) Part of this involved reviewing the forums I subscribed to regarding issues I had with my previous Android development experiences. A big thank you to the community fueling these forums! Thanks again to Buzztouch for making it possible to achieve success for iOS & Android! Nicholas

Absentia
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Oct 20, 2011
Alaska
01/23/14 01:26 AM (10 years ago)
Wow, this looks like a great idea for an app, congrats on getting it out there! Also, I salute you for conquering the Android learning curve...I tried to port an app to Android once, but the whole issue of screen size and image dimensions made it too much of a headache I'm sort of a perfectionist with my iOS apps, and it seems pretty much impossible/incredibly difficult to carry that approach over to Android development with the rampant fragmentation (i.e. the absurd amount of unique devices and screen sizes). My time with eclipse made Xcode seem like a warm fuzzy blanket :( So, again, congrats on this one..hope it makes you a nice chunk of change :) p.s. - nice looking icon too..I love it when people actually put some work into their icons. It's the first impression anybody will get of your app, so I can never understand why people will sometimes use a pixelated, upscaled image

mysps
Code is Art
Reg: May 14, 2011
Palma
01/23/14 01:43 AM (10 years ago)
Congrats!! That looks awesome on Android. Be sure to submit to the Amazon Marketplace. You'd be surprised :) If you are using the latest 3.0 core, you don't have to make any changes at all. Download the Amazon libraries for testing and you're set. Good luck!

Tony @ Buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Mar 05, 2011
Saint Louis, Mi...
01/23/14 01:16 PM (10 years ago)
Looks Great! keep up the good work.. Tony @ Buzztouch

GraciousWolf_PE
Aspiring developer
Montreal
01/23/14 05:36 PM (10 years ago)
Thank you, guys, I appreciate the congratulatory notes! :) @Absentia - I agree. The headaches I suffered going through my first Android app were higher than the headaches I suffered going through my first iOS app, which was rejected 8 times back to back to back to back... To be quite frank as well, in my experience, my Android apps sell much, much less than my iOS apps. Unfortunately, this makes it very discouraging to develop for the Android platform at times. Also, thanks for the icon mention! I agree, icons and screenshots are a must. I was more than willing to pay $35 on Fiverr for high quality screenshots on the iOS App Store - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/icebreaker-games/id788479258?ls=1&mt=8 @mysps - Thanks for the tip! All my Android apps are also in the Amazon Marketplace, but I can't really vouch for "increased" sales, although you do get some downloads here and there, which is nice. :) Exposure in Amazon is also great! @Tony - Thanks, Tony, I appreciate it!! Nicholas

farcat
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 27, 2012
France
01/24/14 01:58 AM (10 years ago)
Wow, Nicholas, that is one top class app. And look at that video!! I am in the process of importing my IOS apps to Android too so I can only applaud you. Well done. :) Farcat

GraciousWolf_PE
Aspiring developer
Montreal
01/24/14 01:38 PM (10 years ago)
Thank you, @farcat! Screenshots (for the iOS version - $35), icon ($5), and promotional video ($5) were all done for under $45 on Fiverr! Worth the investment. :) Good luck with your iOS to Android imports - a few headaches here and there, but once you've got your first one out there for Android, much like iOS, it gets easier. ;) Have a good one! Nicholas

EdReyes
Lost but trying
Reg: Oct 21, 2013
location unknow...
01/28/14 12:31 PM (10 years ago)
Great presentation video, good luck with downloads, it's sure to be a hit!

GraciousWolf_PE
Aspiring developer
Montreal
01/28/14 01:47 PM (10 years ago)
Thanks, Ed, I appreciate it! On that note, I cracked 10,000 points with this post. ;) Nicholas

EdReyes
Lost but trying
Reg: Oct 21, 2013
location unknow...
01/28/14 01:54 PM (10 years ago)
@Nicholas, you're well on the way to the Top 25.

GraciousWolf_PE
Aspiring developer
Montreal
01/28/14 02:06 PM (10 years ago)
That's pretty exclusive company, Ed!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.