Discussion Forums  >  Maps, Device Location, Tracking

Replies: 5    Views: 173

UniApps
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 21, 2012
An American in ...
12/12/12 03:07 PM (11 years ago)

New Tool For Creating Map Location Addresses with Lat/Lng - and then the JSON

My interest in iOS and Android Apps comes after 17 years of html and 7 years of PHP (LAMP, Java, XML)... So when I set out to create my Map App, I did that in the BT App builder. I added two locations for my Map, produced the BT_config.txt file, and decided I just couldn't add the other 300 Map locations manually! My fingers would die So I looked over the BT_config.txt file, and determined how the JSON was constructed. I wrote a PHP script to automate the data entry process, that gets the Lat/Lng from Google Maps, and saves in a MySQL table. I wrote a PHP script that creates the JSON. Both are completely web-based. I'm old, I'm poor, I travel around the UK and Europe. Outside of actually writing the PHP scripts, I try to do my work on-line, not on my personal computer, and I am quite paperless! I'm considering offering the services of my New Tool For Creating Map Location Addresses with Lat/Lng - and then the JSON to other Map App makers. The complete description, with screen caps is at www.10kapps.com/promo Dialogue is welcomed.

LeonG
Apple Fan
Reg: Nov 08, 2011
Hamburg
12/12/12 06:15 PM (11 years ago)
I dont get it, what is it exactly that you offer?

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
12/12/12 10:24 PM (11 years ago)
Very cool stuff! What's being offered here is a tool that will allow you to enter information regarding a location, get the coordinates, and automatically have the JSON for a map point generated. If you have a ton of locations you want in your app, instead of doing them by hand in your control panel, you'd use this tool, create the JSON, put it in a file, and then link the Location Map Screen to this data file! Pretty sweet! Mark

UniApps
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 21, 2012
An American in ...
12/13/12 12:45 PM (11 years ago)
I enhanced the page today! http://www.10kapps.com/promo I did not mention prior that a subscription to this service includes a dedicated MySQL table, to add, edit and delete location data, now and in the future.

WolfTimJ
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Feb 20, 2011
Rockwall, TX
12/13/12 05:30 PM (11 years ago)
Cool. This would save me a whole bunch of time... Subscription is $??...

LeonG
Apple Fan
Reg: Nov 08, 2011
Hamburg
12/13/12 05:48 PM (11 years ago)
Still have to type in every single address, or can you copy adresses from a text file or something? Still dont get it.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.