Discussion Forums  >  Images, Documents, File Locations

Replies: 3    Views: 66

Hansen
Apple Fan
Reg: Aug 20, 2012
Clive
06/07/13 05:15 PM (11 years ago)

image file option to URL files

I would like to be able to change out images monthly in an app, but 2 of the plugins only allow for Image Files. Is there a code or technique to convert an image file name form to an image URL in plugins that do not offer the URL option?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
06/07/13 05:45 PM (11 years ago)
You can always modify the plugin code to allow for URL Based images... I usually hunt down a plugin that is 'close' and find the pertinent code and copy/modify as needed. You're not saying 'which' plugins you would like to do this with, so I can't get too specific, other than to say 'yes, in most cases, this can be done.' I would even go so far as to say 'there is no plugin that can't be modified to suit your needs'. However the code complexity to enable those needs may vary. But anything is possible. Cheers! -- Smug

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
06/08/13 02:09 AM (11 years ago)
I've made modifications to these plugins to allow for using url's. check with MrDavid - I think he has my changelogs for the custom work I did for him regarding this. Or if doing code modifications like that is above your head, I could do the mods for you for a small fee.

Hansen
Apple Fan
Reg: Aug 20, 2012
Clive
06/13/13 12:24 PM (11 years ago)
This might be much too simple... But If I change out a specific file in the app's images folder of my self hosted account, resaving it with the same name, will that change the image in the app without resubmitting for approval every time?

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.