Discussion Forums  >  Images, Documents, File Locations

Replies: 5    Views: 75

sxywebgirl
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 12, 2013
Altadena, CA
06/05/13 02:27 PM (11 years ago)

Required app images to submit to iTunes

After taking a short vacation, I'm back and hard at work on my app. I'm excited and nervous, I'm finally ready to submit my first app to iTunes and wanted to double check what the required images are and correct naming of the images and folder to put them in. I assume that they go in the BT_Art folder but I noticed that there are black images named Default.png and [email protected], it looks like these are the Launch images? Is the "Launch" image the same as a splash page image? Thanks!

farcat
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 27, 2012
France
06/05/13 02:35 PM (11 years ago)
Hi, The Default.png images are the launch images. They are required but they don't have to be black, it can be whaterever graphic you want. They will only appear when your app is loading. The splash screen (splash plgin) requires a graphic that you load in the BT_image folder. Hope it helps! Farcat

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
06/05/13 02:38 PM (11 years ago)
I took MGoBlue's advice... I use the launch images *as* my splash screen, since they're on there for a while before the splash even thinks about making an appearance. Add that to the fact that less is more (concerning things that can break) and since most of my graphics obfuscate the background most of the time, it's a natural choice. You'll end up creating several, I make one for each size in BT_Art both iPad and iPhone. Not a solution for everyone, but I sure like it. Cheers! -- Smug (To avoid confusion, although a launch screen is *not* a splash screen, because the launch screen appears at app startup and provides a reasonable viewing time while waiting for the 'real' splash screen to startup, it makes sense for me to utilize it as a splash screen over an 'authentic' splash screen, although by definition it isn't one)

sxywebgirl
Aspiring developer
Altadena, CA
06/05/13 02:52 PM (11 years ago)
@farcat, I have a splash screen that I loaded in the BT_image folder. @SmugWimp, if I understand what you're saying, I can use my splash screen image for the launch images as well and all will be good? For this app I'm only doing iPhone and not iPad should I remove the default images for iPad in the BT_Art folder or can I just leave them? Thanks, -sxywebgirl

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
06/05/13 03:55 PM (11 years ago)
With respect to iPad launch screens, you can leave them or take them out; it won't matter. Yes, I basically create 'pseudo splash screen images' and make my launch screens using those. Give yourself a little room on the edges so that it doesn't peek out from behind menus and other screens... Cheers! -- Smug

sxywebgirl
Aspiring developer
Altadena, CA
06/05/13 04:04 PM (11 years ago)
Thanks SmugWimp :)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.