Acejakk
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 16, 2014
Vila Nova de Ga...
09/17/14 10:27 AM (9 years ago)

Android studio integration

Hello BT forum! I started being a developer ( or trying to ) a week ago and already learned some basic concepts. Before I keep going, I was wondering if there is any way for the code generated here to be used in Android studio. Like every new aspiring developer I am still a bit confused on how this works since I can't have a preview of what I am doing while creating menus in this website and I can't load the code without errors on Android studio, despite reading many tutorials. Basically, is there anything I can do to see what I am doing/creating both here and in Android studio ( if possible )? Thanks in advance, Guilherme Correia

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
09/17/14 03:41 PM (9 years ago)
Hello Guilherme, Welcome to Buzztouch! We're glad you're here, and looking forward to seeing what apps you develop! I've been working on trying to get Buzztouch apps compatible with Android Studio. Just yesterday I was finally able to get it to compile with no errors, but couldn't get it to load into an emulator. Keep in mind that Android Studio is a beta product, which means it can be buggy, and that they use a new compiler that what we're accustomed to with the Eclipse ADT Bundle. I think in the next week I should have a video tutorial out on how to use Android Studio in Buzztouch. But, as a backup, I'd get comfortable with using the Eclipse ADT Bundle. It's much more stable, and we all have far more experience with it. I have a YouTube channel that should help get you started: https://www.youtube.com/user/gonorthwest Let us know if you have any other questions and, again, welcome to Buzztouch! Mark

Acejakk
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 16, 2014
Vila Nova de Ga...
09/18/14 03:24 AM (9 years ago)
Thank you for the information. In fact, you channel was where I first went to install Android Studio! I will now switch to working with Eclipse ADT Bundle. Thanks for all the help, Guilherme

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.