Ivelin
I hate code!
Reg: Feb 05, 2014
Alva
09/08/14 12:31 PM (9 years ago)

Admob

Hello everyone. I have not published a new app since March. I have a new idea that I have been working on. I am trying to integrate admob banner adds, however, the forum threads that I have bookmarked are not valid anymore. I tried to search the forums but I could not find the information. Could you please share a Forum discussion or a guide on how to integrate them. Thank you so much for your time. Ivelin

Ivelin
I hate code!
Alva
09/08/14 03:35 PM (9 years ago)
I followed this link, I did everything as it says but I am not getting the ads to show. https://developers.google.com/mobile-ads-sdk/docs/admob/android/quick-start Can you please help if you know why the ads do not show at all. Thank you.

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
09/08/14 08:07 PM (9 years ago)

Ivelin
I hate code!
Alva
09/08/14 08:45 PM (9 years ago)
I am trying to integrate banner ads. I pasted this code to my layout customhtml xmlns:ads="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res-auto" <com.google.android.gms.ads.AdView android:id="@+id/adView" android:layout_width="match_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" ads:adSize="BANNER" ads:adUnitId="MY_AD_UNIT_ID"/> Then, I pasted this code to my Android Manifest: <meta-data android:name="com.google.android.gms.version" android:value="@integer/google_play_services_version"/> <activity android:name="com.google.android.gms.ads.AdActivity" android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation|screenLayout|uiMode|screenSize|smallestScreenSize"/> Then I do not know what next for banner ads Please help!!!

Ivelin
I hate code!
Alva
09/08/14 09:55 PM (9 years ago)
I figured it out. I will try to make a thread so we have it for future references. Thank you

piggilypoo
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 28, 2011
San Diego
10/11/14 03:52 AM (9 years ago)
Hey Ivelin, how did you get the ads to display? I tried using the code you posted, but no ads appeared :/

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.