Fingers Crossed
Veteran developer
Reg: Jan 16, 2012
Simcoe, ON
09/08/14 07:32 AM (9 years ago)

Blank maps (again)

Hi gurus, This has come up in the forums numerous times, and I think I've tried/retried numerous times, followed several PDF's and gone in circles many times, and I STILL can't get the #%*(&% maps to work :) I get the dreaded blank map with the + - etc, but no 'map'. I think I'm up to keystore #9 from trying different things. To try to summarize I'll list it again... 1) Set debuggable to false. Created the APK, and created a NEW keystore, and a new alias. App runs on device (no maps) 2) Opened keytool and opened the keystore created, and got the SHA value. 3) Went to dev.google and created a new project as a new android key and gave it the SHA value with ';com.appname' as indicated 4) Went back and pasted the API key given by google and did a Clean, and export of the APK again using the same keystore. 5) Uninstalled and reinstalled the app on the droid device, and still maps are blank like all the other examples people post :) I'm not a Android guru, have used BT for iOS, this is my first foray onto Android, and it's interesting..... I've spent about 3 days trying to figure it out and now i'm lost. As a side note, Logcat doesn't seem to work with my device? (It's a noname brand), so I can't see if the API auth is failing (which is what I suspect) So, please for the love of buzztouch, can someone help me with what I'm missing :) Graham. FC

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
09/09/14 06:04 PM (9 years ago)
Had to chuckle at the "for the love of BuzzTouch" ! Clearly, it is frustrating. I hope a good feller named Android will come along and help you -- Niraj

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.