ThomasSechak
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jul 10, 2011
Charlottsville
09/10/14 02:14 PM (9 years ago)

Android Paid App Project - I Want to Hire Help

I have something I need help with that I will pay for assistance. I would like to see if someone can help. I need this done quickly so I just want get someone to help me. I have made a two Android apps. They are both audio apps just like my Apple apps. One is a free version with a 10 minute audio clip. This is live on the Android Google Play market right now. The second one is a 60 minute paid version. It is identical to the free 10 minute version except for the length of the audio mp3. But for some reason the paid version has an error after purchasing through Google Play. I have made the same version free and it works, but if I charge money for the APK file, it crashes when a person downloads and tries to run it. I have no idea why?? I have searched Google for hours / days. I have asked questions on message boards including Buzztouch.com, StackOverflow.com, and the Google Android Google Play Developer forum. And no one is able to tell me why or what I can do to fix it. So I want to hire someone, to fix it for me to get it done fast. To Take my buzztouch project, then add it to Google Play to sell it. I need the app added to my developer Google Play account so the app can be added under / with my other apps. Presumably I can add you to my account to add the app under and test and publish it. Or if there is some other way let me know. Then once done successfully, tell me how you did it. So I can do it for my self later. The buzztouch project is already made. All that needs to be done is the basic android adjustments. Add the MP3 added, set the permissions, etc.... very easy just takes 10 minutes... That being said I already did this and could zip it up and send it to you. That being said it may be easier for you to get the unmodified zip file from BuzzTouch so you can know for sure I did not break something once I got it into eclipse. That being said, again, the app APK file works perfectly as a free app. But crashes if it is a purchased app. For more information you could see my forum post form a couple months ago when this first happened. I had given up with the idea that I would come back to it. That time is now. I need help and I will pay for it. Here is the link to the forum post: https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=1E6037F0A426FB898AF7CDB&fid=06DB0BCB08E3333&sortColumn=FT.id&sortUpDown=DESC&currentPage=5 I am not looking for this to be a discussion on trying to help me fix it. I need actual help and want to pay for it. This is because I need this done within a weeks time. Thanks

krompa
Lost but trying
Reg: Jun 14, 2013
Bristol
09/10/14 03:16 PM (9 years ago)
Hi Thomas I hear that you don't want a discussion and that you want immediate help, but hear me out. Have you got other paid apps that are downloadable and working fine? It may be that there is something not quite right in your Google Wallet Merchant account set up or the connection to it with your developer account. There may be absolutely nothing wrong with your app. If you haven't got other paid apps available then quickly package a new paid app together and see if it works. Apologies if you have tried this already.

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
09/10/14 03:48 PM (9 years ago)
Are there any crash reports available in your Google Play Developer account? If so, I'd be wiling to check them out. Mark

ThomasSechak
Aspiring developer
Charlottsville
09/10/14 04:47 PM (9 years ago)
Thanks @ Krompa I understand that their could be something wrong with the wallet. But I don’t see any errors with it. And not sure how to determine if there is. Before I took the app down a couple people purchased the app and the funds were deposited into the wallet. That was how I found out that the app crashes after you purchase it and run it on your device. The same APK installs and runs just fine installed any other way aside from paying for it. This does seem like the likely issue, or some extra code needed perhaps if its an app for money. I just don't know. @ Mark There are no crash reports for that app in the Google Play Developer account. All I have is screen shots of the stack trace log error that came up when you purchased the app, ran it and it crashes. Stack Trace Log Top http://synchronicity.org/images/android-error/stacktrace-top.jpg Bottom http://synchronicity.org/images/android-error/stacktrace-bottom.jpg Thanks guys

krompa
Lost but trying
Bristol
09/10/14 05:09 PM (9 years ago)
I see. Maybe still try a new simple app with new apk and see how it goes. Nothing to lose whilst one of the bt pros looks at your app and maybe tests on their GP account.

ThomasSechak
Aspiring developer
Charlottsville
09/10/14 05:19 PM (9 years ago)
That's a good idea.

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
09/11/14 10:06 AM (9 years ago)
A few questions: * Can you provide a link to the paid app in the store? * Have any of the suggestions from above worked? * If you make the 60min audio app free, it works? * Does the 60min audio app work in debug mode...meaning, when you're testing it on a device or an emulator? Mark

ThomasSechak
Aspiring developer
Charlottsville
09/11/14 11:14 AM (9 years ago)
I unpublished the app a couple months ago but can republish it if you would like to look at it. If you would be able to assist with this. I can lower the price to $1 or something and send you money to purchase it with via PayPal or something. Let me know. None of the suggestions worked yet. But I admit that perhaps they would lead to the answer. I tried to make sense of the stack trace but I could not work it out with many Google searches. As far as having someone with a Google Play account already set up for paid apps to try and publish it. That could work but have not found someone to try yet. The 60 minute app does work if I make it free. I have done it and confirmed this. As well as other experiments that all confirmed that it works if its free. But does not work if its paid. Yes the app also works when testing it in an emulator, and when syncing to my device using Eclipse. It also works if I copy the APK file through the file system on the device and running that way. It also works. And finally the same apk works if I publish the app in Google Play as a free app. Thanks

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
09/11/14 02:20 PM (9 years ago)
So this really sounds like it's a Google issue somehow. They must do something to that apk that protects it in a way related to a sale. Let me do some research on that. Can you send me the apk you submitted to the store so I can try and load it on my device? You can send it to MrkFleming at gmail dot com. Thanks! Mark

krompa
Lost but trying
Bristol
09/11/14 02:32 PM (9 years ago)
Yes, they certainly add encryption to paid apps. I learnt this on reading this article http://www.techradar.com/news/portable-devices/google-s-android-wear-may-have-a-serious-drm-problem-1256312 which isn't directly relevant to Thomas's problem but does show that there is extra protection for paid apps. Thomas - I don't currently have any paid apps. But I am about 85% there on a paid version of a free app currently on release. I hope to have a release of my paid app by Monday. If I get my app working successfully, then I am happy to release your paid app for a couple of hours (you can download the app and test). If it works through my account then you will know it is your merchant account with the problem. If it doesn't work on my account then you know its the app.

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
09/11/14 03:27 PM (9 years ago)
Google has a way to test this before it gets released : http://developer.android.com/distribute/googleplay/developer-console.html#alpha-beta Set that up, let a few of us test it, and we can go from there. Mark

KevinPerry
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 10, 2012
Wisconsin, USA
09/11/14 03:51 PM (9 years ago)
If you do as Mark just suggested, include me in the list of testers.

ThomasSechak
Aspiring developer
Charlottsville
09/11/14 05:56 PM (9 years ago)
Looks like the only way to add beta testers is by adding people to a Google Group and give beta test access to the group. Do you want me to send you an invitation to a Google Group I gave beta testing to. I remember doing the beta testing with this app a when I first made it and it worked fine in the beta. It was only when I published it as paid app. That's when it crashed after purchasing. I did not know this because in testing it worked. But then a couple people purchased after I published it and they told me it never worked.

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
09/11/14 06:00 PM (9 years ago)
Has it only crashed for "a couple of people," or does it crash all the time? If only for a couple people, then it could be device related. I don't think there's an Android app out there that works for 100% of the people that install it...that's just the perils of Android development. But, if it's crashing on every install, then we have some more investigation to do. Mark

ThomasSechak
Aspiring developer
Charlottsville
09/11/14 06:03 PM (9 years ago)
It crashed on a couple devices of actual customers in the Google Play store. And after that I tested purchasing on 2 different devices which it crashed on both. It did not work for anyone.

krompa
Lost but trying
Bristol
09/15/14 03:44 PM (9 years ago)
Hi Thomas I have just uploaded my first paid app to GPS - it should be available in a couple of hours from now. If you would like me to sell your app for an agreed time period (say 2 hours) on Tuesday then I'm happy to do so. PM me. Regards

ThomasSechak
Aspiring developer
Charlottsville
09/18/14 06:41 AM (9 years ago)
Hi Everyone I contacted Google Wallet Merchant account help and they forwarded my information onto the Android Developer / Google Play Team. It took a couple days but between them they told me my merchant account is set up correctly and that it is connected to my Google Play account. They also looked at the stack trace of the app when it crashes and indicate the problem is a problem with the coding of the app. The only thing I did after downloading the buzzthouch project for android is import the images and audio, set target version, adjust permissions, debug to false, create keystore using the eclipse export function and then export the app and sign it with the same keystore. Here are the stack traces again... Stack Trace Log Top http://synchronicity.org/images/android-error/stacktrace-top.jpg Bottom http://synchronicity.org/images/android-error/stacktrace-bottom.jpg I need help with this. Thanks

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.