chicagomike84
I hate code!
Reg: Sep 02, 2014
Chicago
09/05/14 06:41 AM (9 years ago)

Error messages when adding project to Eclipse

Hello everyone! I am no pro here with creating apps and using Eclipse. However, I am starting to get the hang of it...so bare with me. So, I built my app using BT and then added it to Eclipse. I keep getting these errors listed below. I have watched video tutorials about removing the errors but that still didn't work. I also followed the instructions step by step and still no luck. Can someone please help. Thank you! Again, here is a list of the errors..I couldn't do a screen shot. Description Resource Path Location Type bt_screen_customhtml cannot be resolved or is not a field BT_screen_customHTML.java /chompchow/src/com/chompchow line 80 Java Problem bt_screen_menubuttons cannot be resolved or is not a field BT_screen_menuButtons.java /chompchow/src/com/chompchow line 123 Java Problem bt_screen_menulistsimple cannot be resolved or is not a field BT_screen_menuListSimple.java /chompchow/src/com/chompchow line 110 Java Problem bt_screen_menulistsimple_item cannot be resolved or is not a field BT_screen_menuListSimple.java /chompchow/src/com/chompchow line 517 Java Problem containerHorizontalButtons cannot be resolved or is not a field BT_screen_menuButtons.java /chompchow/src/com/chompchow line 170 Java Problem containerViewHorizontal cannot be resolved or is not a field BT_screen_menuButtons.java /chompchow/src/com/chompchow line 168 Java Problem containerViewHorizontalBottom cannot be resolved or is not a field BT_screen_menuButtons.java /chompchow/src/com/chompchow line 169 Java Problem error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'value' with value '@integer/google_play_services_version'). AndroidManifest.xml /chompchow line 66 Android AAPT Problem horizontalScrollView cannot be resolved or is not a field BT_screen_menuButtons.java /chompchow/src/com/chompchow line 178 Java Problem listView cannot be resolved or is not a field BT_screen_menuListSimple.java /chompchow/src/com/chompchow line 153 Java Problem listViewEnd cannot be resolved or is not a field BT_screen_menuListSimple.java /chompchow/src/com/chompchow line 149 Java Problem tableLayout cannot be resolved or is not a field BT_screen_menuButtons.java /chompchow/src/com/chompchow line 183 Java Problem titleView cannot be resolved or is not a field BT_screen_menuListSimple.java /chompchow/src/com/chompchow line 522 Java Problem verticalScrollView cannot be resolved or is not a field BT_screen_menuButtons.java /chompchow/src/com/chompchow line 173 Java Problem webView cannot be resolved or is not a field BT_screen_customHTML.java /chompchow/src/com/chompchow line 83 Java Problem

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
09/05/14 07:20 AM (9 years ago)
I'm willing to venture that you may still need to add the 'Google Play Services' reference to your project. It's a common oops, so don't feel too shabby about it. There's a tutorial that can walk you through it here: https://www.buzztouch.com/files/howtos/GPSRefBT.pdf and Welcome to Buzz Touch! Hope you find what you need, and get where you want to go. But if you get stuck or have a question, don't be shy; head to the forums and ask! Cheers! -- Smug PS, by the way... There doesn't seem to be a 'google play services remove jar' file anymore, so you can disregard that section. I guess I need to edit that.

chicagomike84
I hate code!
Reg: Sep 02, 2014
Chicago
09/06/14 07:13 AM (9 years ago)
Sorry for the delay. Yep, that was the issue! Thank you very much for the response and the step by step guide. You made it very easy for me to fix! -Mike

shyrix
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jul 17, 2013
Toronto
09/12/14 01:30 PM (9 years ago)
thank you!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.