Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 7    Views: 72

ATRAIN53
Code is Art
Reg: Nov 17, 2011
Chicago
09/04/14 01:56 PM (9 years ago)

Update to AT53 Video Player

Just uploaded an update to the AT53 Video Player. A couple of new iOS only features for the plugin- 1) The Video Poster/Description screen now supports rotated views on both iPhone and iPad devices. This means that when you rotate the device, a new view will be used. New images are supported for each rotation/device and can be changed in the control panel. You can further modify these views in Interface Builder to create your layout(s). 2) If you use this plugin to play audio files (.mp3), you can now display an overlay mage that will conceal the Quicktime logo that appears on the screen. You can upload a different image for iPhone and iPad. You can also now specify a background color to go with or instead of the overlay image. The navbar and bottom audio controls will inherit this 'tint' with some translucency. 3) The plugin will attempt to auto rotate to Portrait view. This may or may not work based on your rotation settings in your app CORE propeties. Again, these updates to the code are ONLY for the BT 3.0 Core and iOS only - NOT Android. The BT 2.0 Core files that come with the plugin remains exactly the same, no updates or changes to that code, only BT Core 3.0 projects will work with this update.

tb
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Nov 03, 2011
Oxford
09/04/14 03:21 PM (9 years ago)
Cool beans!

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
09/04/14 03:47 PM (9 years ago)
Mighty nice improvements! Thank you! Go Bucks! :-) -- Niraj

MacApple
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 25, 2010
USA
09/04/14 05:20 PM (9 years ago)
Were and always will be, the man!

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 01, 2011
Hopkins, Minnes...
09/04/14 10:28 PM (9 years ago)
So you can use the plugin for audio only? I didn't know that. I need this. Thanks!!!

ATRAIN53
Code is Art
Reg: Nov 17, 2011
Chicago
09/05/14 12:38 PM (9 years ago)
Thanks guys. Tough break on Miller Niraj, but Barrett is solid. He's just starting a year earlier than anticipated. Good luck with the Hoakies! See you guys in 2022/23 for a couple of clashes. I wonder if Urban will still be in Columbus by then? I doubt Kelley will last that long.... Can't wait for the ND/UM game in about 24 hrs, last one until ??? Susan - The plugin is built using the MPMediaPlayer class so it does support .mp3 audio. I didn't realize how many people have been using it for this. Someone sent me a request to see if the Quicktime logo that appears when playing audio could be modded and I found a hack to accomplish it. I don't think using it for audio works very well with playing in the background or when you exit the screen since the class is really designed for viewing of videos. Need to write a real audio player using AVFOundation one of these days... Go Irish!

Derval
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 20, 2012
Milan
11/30/14 06:28 AM (9 years ago)
Love this plugin...use it a ton. Got stuck though for a while today....couldn't get my videos to play, was sure it was something to do with the build phases so messed around with that for a while until I realised I didn't remove the blacksabbath default Youtube URL in the control panel...arghhh! feckin' idiot that I am!!! Yeah...Go Irish!

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
11/30/14 09:00 AM (9 years ago)
Dammit -- our magnificent QB went down and out. That JT Barrett is a beast. He came back into the stands to watch the remainder of the game and then went into the locker room. Only then he went to the hospital for evaluation. JT is scheduled for surgery today. Onwards to our 3rd QB this season. During JT's on the field injury, Michigan's Devin Gardner showed the world how to be a classy sportsman on this video: http://btn.com/2014/11/29/twitter-reaction-to-ohio-state-qb-j-t-barretts-injury-vs-michigan/ Back to your regularly scheduled mobile programming ... -- Niraj

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.